Everybody ready for winter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Everybody ready for the winter? I have my 20+ cord covered, even put aside enough for the shop stove. I have a bunch of oak and poplar milled up with the Alaskan and enough projects for it. I've got enough shotgun shells put away for all the rabbit and squirrel hunting. I finally have all of my furnace and boiler sidework installs done and fired up with a few weeks of hunting season left. Bring it on!

Well to late if your not!, sound like your are. I still have to put up 300' of snow fence this weekend, then we'll be completely converted of to "winter season".
Your not stating that you will burn that 20 cord this winter, are you?

I AM READY !!!!

But where the hell is it?!
Our October was a joke, with only one major system, and the first half of November doesn't look promising. I miss the clouds and rains man. It does get cold though.. I guess I'll pray.

We have the seasoned woods under a shed.. Next year's wood is covered at the top to protect it from rains while it seasons. And the hearth and soul are waiting anxiously.

BRING IT OOOON!

I AM READY !!!!

But where the hell is it?!
Our October was a joke, with only one major system, and the first half of November doesn't look promising. I miss the clouds and rains man. It does get cold though.. I guess I'll pray.

We have the seasoned woods under a shed.. Next year's wood is covered at the top to protect it from rains while it seasons. And the hearth and soul are waiting anxiously.

BRING IT OOOON!

Your really from isreal?! Does it snow there!? i seen your location and was like Whoa...really!? lol

Its pretty cool if ya are! good to know that yinz burn wood in that neck of the world too! Do ya have a typical wood burner or is it a different setup than most here in america. Also, what kind of wood do you have over there?

Your really from isreal?! Does it snow there!? i seen your location and was like Whoa...really!? lol

Its pretty cool if ya are! good to know that yinz burn wood in that neck of the world too! Do ya have a typical wood burner or is it a different setup than most here in america. Also, what kind of wood do you have over there?

Our area has been suffering from droughts the past few years. It did snow in 2008.. Only the mountains (Jerusalem, Galilee..) get snow in some winters. But the winter precipitation is rain.
We burn maily conifers, olive wood, eucalyptus and citrus wood..

Not a lot of people here burn wood, because the majority of the population lives in cities, and it also doesn't get that cold in most areas in Israel.
Those who do, use European made wood stoves, or local crap. We use a Nestor Martin 'Harmony III' stove, made in Belgium.

I'll post some pics of my stove in action..
I just hope we'll have good reasons to use it!! Pray for the holy land!

Our area has been suffering from droughts the past few years. It did snow in 2008.. Only the mountains (Jerusalem, Galilee..) get snow in some winters. But the winter precipitation is rain.
We burn maily conifers, olive wood, eucalyptus and citrus wood..

Not a lot of people here burn wood, because the majority of the population lives in cities, and it also doesn't get that cold in most areas in Israel.
Those who do, use European made wood stoves, or local crap. We use a Nestor Martin 'Harmony III' stove, made in Belgium.

I'll post some pics of my stove in action..
I just hope we'll have good reasons to use it!! Pray for the holy land!

Goanin,good to see a post from you,be praying and hoping the best for you,have a nice winter. Looking forward to those pics of your stove.

already burned half a cord, we've gotten milder lately though. shoulder season it's hard to justify a fire. Turn on the electric for a wee bit to take the edge off is all.

Well to late if your not!, sound like your are. I still have to put up 300' of snow fence this weekend, then we'll be completely converted of to "winter season".
Your not stating that you will burn that 20 cord this winter, are you?

Not at all. Maybe about 14 to 16, depending on March and
April weather. Just like to have too much in case someone in the family didn't plan so well.

It's cool enough to run a fire, but that fire makes it hot in the house. It's 79 in here now. Just opened the back door for a few minutes. Supposed to get down into the 20s tonight. Yay!

Ian

Heck yeah I'm ready for winter and a few more after this one. I've already got a line on some more wood to replace what I'll use this winter.

It's cool enough to run a fire, but that fire makes it hot in the house. It's 79 in here now. Just opened the back door for a few minutes. Supposed to get down into the 20s tonight. Yay!

Ian

79!! Yikes! i'd need socks and long pants! lol.. This stinkin burner i got makes my house 90 all winter long..thats with doors open, and a window fan runnin! lol

i OVER shot the size i needed when i bought this unit 2 yrs ago..lol was gonna replace it but i cant find any other add on's i like.. (i'm picky!!!)

I may just hold off till i can get one of those new Outdoor, Forced air stoves by US stoves (Clayton burner, us stove is sellin it though?) They seem to be a good investment, i can load it full and not touch it for a while, plus they have a draft induction setup so i can turn it down to where i'd like and then turn it up when needed! ..oh well....anywho..on another note....

IT snowed here tonight for about a half hour, nothing big and major, just the first flurries of the year! Woot!!

I'm ready for anything mother nature wants to throw at me this year. 9+ cords of wood, 20 gallons of gas on hand for the generator, 25 gallons of kerosene on hand for the salamander heater for the garage....when I'm not going to be in there long enough to justify a fire, changed the hydraulic fluid in the snowplow lift, the yard work is done I'm ready

Jeff

I'm good for this year but I have nothing for next year. Looks like I'll be cutting through Dec. Last year we had a water leak in the upstairs bathroom so I spent my weekends working on sheetrock and bathroom remodel instead of cutting. But that's why we plan ahead right?
Dok

Getting pretty close now, got my makeshift woodshed up this afternoon, just gotta move all the seasoned stuff into it. After dark pic sux, but it's lined on 3 sides with 4' cattle panels, it's 10x20:

attachment.php

Got about half a cord already in the basement, just junky stuff, haven't burned a lot yet, it's been pretty mild up here so far.

Today was pefect cutting,got a late start but managed to cut a level pick up load(bout 1/3 cord)and got it split before dark.Red oak,2012 wood.

Latest posts

Back