Everyone has to make their way in life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if I can help much but I'll put my worthless two cents in lol. I'm 28 and started racing open wheel dirt cars at age 16, my pop has been racing since 86 and I figured he was worried when I started like any father would be when your child wants to go and do the same thing dad does. Luckily I went through 9 years of racing without being seriously injured but I could tell he was concerned when something would happen(even though he gave you the stone face when he asked you if your alright). I really seen the worry in his face when my younger brother started racing though. Not only because he was the baby but he destroyed $hit in spectacular fashion. Pop always taught us to be as safe as you could in a dangerous environment but he also was supportive of us in our decision wanting to race knowing what the risks were every time you put the helmet on. Sounds like you taught your son right and I'm sure it's not easy to let him go out on his own but have confidence in yourself that you gave him the best you could. Hope this doesn't seem dumb but it was just my take as a son myself.

Seems he did just fine.

Nothing exciting to tell about. Said he caught himself glancing where I would have been though. Says it made him nervous a time or two not having someone there watching him. He beat me home and was just getting back with diner when I got in. He's working down between Philomath and Newport. Said he's taking the small saw tomorrow, no need for the 66. Day in and day out I think he's gonna like the 46 for most of our wood. May be a hair slower, but at the end of the day it sure seems lighter. I think tomorrow he's shopping for more wedges too. He does like the scabbard for the axe though, so that won't be a travel cover any more. Nerves eased up some and I think now I'm more excited than he is. He remembered scraping alder moss some of the other little tricks to, had to slow himself down once or twice when the hair on the back of his neck hackled up.

Like everyone starting out time will tell. I'll know more tomorrow. He's showered and in bed already, poor dear.

Owl

Seems he did just fine.

Nothing exciting to tell about. Said he caught himself glancing where I would have been though. Says it made him nervous a time or two not having someone there watching him. He beat me home and was just getting back with diner when I got in. He's working down between Philomath and Newport. Said he's taking the small saw tomorrow, no need for the 66. Day in and day out I think he's gonna like the 46 for most of our wood. May be a hair slower, but at the end of the day it sure seems lighter. I think tomorrow he's shopping for more wedges too. He does like the scabbard for the axe though, so that won't be a travel cover any more. Nerves eased up some and I think now I'm more excited than he is. He remembered scraping alder moss some of the other little tricks to, had to slow himself down once or twice when the hair on the back of his neck hackled up.

Like everyone starting out time will tell. I'll know more tomorrow. He's showered and in bed already, poor dear.

Owl
glad to hear it.......that he did fine and that you feel better about it.

Yeah, right. Cast iron is a good thing when guys like you are around. Now, can we get back to Owls topic, instead of your promotion of abusing women, which really isn't very funny.
What a limp wristed cull you are. Reading your first post here says it all. Go pack golickits fudge you gearbox.lol, just kidding

What a limp wristed cull you are. Reading your first post here says it all. Go pack golickits fudge you gearbox.lol, just kidding

??? Drunk again John? That's good...I always like to see a man do what he does best and the only thing I've seen so far that you're worth a damn at is drinking. And talking ,of course.

As far as you being a logger, if I had a choice between you and Slowp as a cutting partner I'd take Slowp. Every time.

I think limp wrists are good for fiddle playing. Thank you Gypo. Perhaps I will be able to play Orange Blossom Special at a decent speed some day. As long as I am 33.34 sound, I do not make the cull designation according to the Timber Sale Contract.

You didn't study with Yoda, did you Sam? There seems to be a Yoda esk feeling about that statement. Every time I read that I picture a little green guy with wonky ears. Sorry.

Thanks Hammer. And everyone else, it helped.

Owl

yes, now, when read in a yoda voice, it all is very clear. I'll try that more often.

I have 2 little boys. they weren't supposed to even know the word chainsaw. chances are one of them wont be able to help themselves though. Its a good living.
IDK, i have three.........the two grown ones wandered off..........we see about this little youngan........hes dad all over so..........

My boy had to wait. He had to be able to pick up and carry my saw before he could go with me. He was almost 6 when he did it. Stood over the top, both hand on the bar, trigger handle under his butt and he carried it from the bench to the truck. Deal was a deal, his first job was to keep waaaaay over there and make sure no birds got in the way and all the critters stayed safe. From there the rest is history.

Owl

Back