Exhaust Bolts Backing Out What Threadlocker Works

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironpig70

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
have a husky 142 and this is the second time the bolts have backed out of the exhaust(first time the shop fixed it). whats out there that will lock these bolts into place. tried locktight but guess the heat is a huge factor.

have a husky 142 and this is the second time the bolts have backed out of the exhaust(first time the shop fixed it). whats out there that will lock these bolts into place. tried locktight but guess the heat is a huge factor.

A friend of mine had a 142, and it had the same problem, he couldn't keep the muffler bolts tight. And since Loctite 271 releases at 482 degrees, you are right, that wouldn't work either. Is there any way you could drill the heads of the bolts and lock wire them or use shake proof lock washers?

The permatex black sealant works well but is not a threadlocker per say. I have used it on valvecovers on a car engine and it will take the heat. I wasn't sure which number I had 272 is high heat and 294 is extreme heat

Odd

I had that same problem, and only in 2 days use with the 142 I had gotten my wife. Traded it for an MS-210, the problem went away, lmao...

Try this site as well as contacting them...

http://www.masterbond.com/sg_list.html

I'd also probably use 2 lock washers. I had the same problem with my 266XP for a brief time. 2 lock washers and some of the 500degree loctite has held it pretty well... You might also want to try some liquid steel... Good luck bro

:cheers: eh?

Loc-tite

246 Threadlocker High Temp./Medium Strength

This threadlocker resists oil and mild surface contamination at continuous temperatures to 450°F. Suitable for fasteners between 1/4" and 3/4" (6 to 20 mm) diameters.

It works very good...

threadlockers

Loc-tite

246 Threadlocker High Temp./Medium Strength

This threadlocker resists oil and mild surface contamination at continuous temperatures to 450°F. Suitable for fasteners between 1/4" and 3/4" (6 to 20 mm) diameters.

It works very good...

Do you find loctite works better than permatex or masterbond??? Was wondering if anyone had tried it...

:popcorn:

Back