Extreme logging on Discovery Channel tonight.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. Very cool. Sounds like a nice place you've got there. :cheers:
Sorry for the hijack folks.

Its on now. The mule one. I could never use the mules im macinery all the way!!

kinda freaks me out that its the same guy who narrates Gangland on the history channel

Well I see I am wrong as it is 1 Am and they are running the helicopter episode.

Bill

Its on now. The mule one. I could never use the mules im macinery all the way!!

I had the pleasure of working with a real logging team of horses my last year on the farm. We boarded them at no charge except to use them. Didn't do much but skidded some firwood logs (good size) with them. We got along just fine after they had me trained. I loved their 'starts'. Give the word they would lean into the collars to test, back a step and 'hit it'. That was one big team.

Harry K

That Mule Logging sure looked like an accident waiting to happen. (freeing the snag, the catapult loader, and the anxious mules)

I agree ill stick with the equiptment to get the wood out.

i liked the swamp and mule logging ones. the heli one got old real fast i thought. that log truck on the mule logging show looked crazy. i couldnt believe the truck didnt destroy itself throwing the logs like that. it was taking a beating when it was tossin the big boys up there.

The first three episodes of "extreme logging" are on tonight. They start at 7 on The Discovery Channel. "swamp logging" "mule logging" and "heli logging." Just think, three hours of wood.
Talked to a trucker that cut in the swamps,said they had one guy that looked out for snakes:jawdrop: don't sound like too much fun.Oh yeah,thanks,I don't have cable,satelite,cell phone but I do have a computer:clap: would love to see the show.

My Father in Law uses teams of Shire draft horses. They are not quick but they are easy to start on cold mornings.

Bill

My Father in Law uses teams of Shire draft horses. They are not quick but they are easy to start on cold mornings.

Bill

Just give em a shot of ether and hit the ignition huh.

Holding those big logs on that loader on the truck with a cant hook looked like a good way to get hurt

"Extreme Logging" with the mules and the Good Old Boys was really interesting the other nite. That poor log truck was beat to death, never seen anything like that log loader, and not so sure I'd want to be around it.
I skid firewood out with my mules and right after Christmas I am going to skid out 20 to 30 cord of maple , cherry and ash tops from a friends property that was just logged. Unless you have a skidder, no way to get this out. Four wheel drive is worthless because right now we have a foot and a half of snow with no frost in the ground.
Mules that were trained like those on extreme logging are worth $5000 and up. The photo's I attached are of my Jessie mule who is 7 years now and his team mate Corkey is 5 1/2. I have spent a lot of time with these two and skidded with them last winter. I have shot deer off of Jessie's back and he buggy's my wife and I around in the summer.
As a boy my neighbors had a team of perchron draft horses that skidded everything. They would hitch the logs in the lot and these guys would skid the logs out to the skidway, were unhitched and went back for the next logs with no one driving them all day long.
My old boss used to log with horses when he first started in Ely,MN. he said they had a problem with bugs in the summer time and in the winter the horses always started.Are your mules offspring of Spaces? If so does that effect there value and ability to learn like regular mules would?

I didn't know SPACE had mules. Don't mean to hijack here but what most people don't know is that mules and donkey's make horses look stupid. Its not stubborn its smart. I have morgan horses also so I can attest.
Over the years I have done a lot with both draft horses and mules and love them all.
My two mules are getting better and better skidding. In the next month I'm going to use them a bunch skidding tops out.

stihl only

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilzlofgren
The first three episodes of "extreme logging" are on tonight. They start at 7 on The Discovery Channel. "swamp logging" "mule logging" and "heli logging." Just think, three hours of wood.

If you experience wood lasting for longer than 3 hours, please seek medical attention............

:agree2:

Back