Factory settings 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3GGG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone help with the factory settings for the H, L and T screws. I need to rebuild my cooked 4 month old 346xp :(

The H & L factory settings are at one turn

The idle rpm is supposed to be 2700 and the top speed according to the 346XP OE Manual is 14200

I have a new edition and that is what the limiter in the coil is set at. So I keep the chainsaw set at 13500 and I replaced the coil with a unlimited one from a 357XP.

If you do not have a tachometer, the idle speed is set at the highest idle position where the chain does not turn.

For the high speed, I set it rich enough to where I know it is actually four cycling and not running rough because of the coil speed limiter.

Then I put the chainsaw in the wood and while cutting full throttle, the chainsaw should clean up and two stroke. If you lift up on the chainsaw slightly, it should four stroke. To start cutting agin it will two stroke.

On the low speed, the mixture setting is a compromise between running smooth and still being able to accelerate promptly and smoothly to wide open throttle high speed. In other words, you have to keep the low speed mixture slightly richer than best idle so the chainsaw will take the throttle on acceleration.

A cooked 4 month old 346 is very rare! How'd ya cook it?

I wish I knew. Dealer is telling me bad fuel. I only keep mixed 2 stroke but it may have seperated? I had it 4 stroking a little at full throttle so dont think it was set up wrong. Very disappointing and a quote of nearly $500.00 plus labour wasnt the best news so i will rebuild it with a aftermarket kit, possibly big bore.

I wish I knew. Dealer is telling me bad fuel. I only keep mixed 2 stroke but it may have seperated? I had it 4 stroking a little at full throttle so dont think it was set up wrong. Very disappointing and a quote of nearly $500.00 plus labour wasnt the best news so i will rebuild it with a aftermarket kit, possibly big bore.

You can buy a OEM top end for $200. Contact spike60 here.

Or check with nmurph for info on good aftermarket. Some are junk.

Latest posts

Back