Fair warnin' to y'all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 days of whitespider and they say waterboarding is torture.

12 days of Whitespider this calls for a nice Christmas song.

On the first day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
large box of beer.
On the second day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
Stihl 026
On the third day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
pounding migraine pain Stihl 026 and a large box of budweiser beer.
On the fourth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
bumper chains with depth gauges filed off
On the fifth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
almost new tires from 1978
On the sixth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
giant pulsating brain

Giant pulsating brain, Tires from '78, all them bumper chains, pounding migraine pain, Stihl 026 and Another case of cold Budweiser beer.

On the seventh day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
Budweiser underwear
Eighth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
two dumptrucks of hardwood
on the ninth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
ticket stubs from Santana at the Horizon
on the tenth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
Brief history of Iowa from '59
On the eleventh day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
Steve NWWI password to this site
On the twelth day of Whitespider my true love gave to me
a thirty pack of Budweiser cans.

Thirty more Bud, Steve's password, 'brief' history, used Santana stubs, two loads of wood, Boxer's not briefs, giant pulsating brain, tires from '78, converted safety chains, pounding migraine pain, Stihl 026 and another case Anheuser-Busch cheer.

We love you man.

large box of beer.
Stihl 026
giant pulsating brain

Giant pulsating brain, Tires from '78, all them bumper chains, pounding migraine pain, Stihl 026 and Another case of cold Budweiser beer.

Budweiser underwear

Thirty more Bud, Steve's password, 'brief' history, used Santana stubs, two loads of wood, Boxer's not briefs, giant pulsating brain, tires from '78, converted safety chains, pounding migraine pain, Stihl 026 and another case Anheuser-Busch cheer.

We love you man.

All that and no mention of biased ply tires? I think you need to redo the part about '78 tires.

they had radials in 78 they also went by the alpha numeric system like H78-15 or G78-15.

Remember Cragar and Red Line combination??
I probably still have a set layin' 'round somewhere :laughing:

4247738589_2f9c9645af_b.jpg

Price of Cragars & Redlines today is a wee bit more then when we were kids. I've bought cars for less than one tire/wheel combo today.

Firewood can still be had for free, though.

Price of Cragars & Redlines today is a wee bit more then when we were kids. I've bought cars for less than one tire/wheel combo today.

Firewood can still be had for free, though.

I miss the $100 rat row in the back of the used car lots..I think they crush all the cheap almost runners today as soon as they can...my best one I ever scored was a 55 ford panel wagon.

I've decided to use up the last of my vacation time.
Workin' today... but won't be goin' back until January 5th.
So... if'n I'm in the mood, I can sit here at this keyboard for 12 days straight days :D
Figured it was only fair to warn ya'... just in case ya' wanted to stay away for a week or so :laughing:
Lucky for y'all, dad has a couple dead elms he wants taken down... so I will be away from the keyboard for two, or maybe three of those days (during daylight hours).
But I ain't gonna' tell ya' which days :happybanana:... you'll just haf'ta take your chances.
:lol:
whooooa!! wait a minute! you had us worried there for a minute! we actually thought you were going to take a Bahama vacation for you and the little woman. so you will be here to keep some of us politically correct and the others just in check? do I have this partially right? either way chill out with a cold one and enjoy ole man (need a vacation ? from all that A. S. correctness)winter next to the warm confuzzer! ..... lol and "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to you and yours!

I miss the $100 rat row in the back of the used car lots..I think they crush all the cheap almost runners today as soon as they can...
The Obama Administration "Cash for Clunkers" program in 2009 sounded the death knell for rat row. A program that cost the American tax pay payer $3 billion and only improved the average fuel economy of all vehicles sold in that year by a mere 0.7 MPG, not even saving us one days worth of fuel. CO2 emissions were cut less than 1%... and that doesn't allow for building and shipping the new cars. Some studies claim the costs outweighed the benefits by nearly $1.5 billion. (No, I'm not gonna' post links to references, 'cause someone will just post a link that says the opposite... do your own research, make your own decision.)

The program required the trade-in be destroyed... which took nearly nearly a million "clunkers" off the roads and dealer lots. The balance of supply and demand was thrown completely askew... it drove up the price of used cars, and forever removed the $100 (or even $1000) rat row. What was a $1500 used car became a $3000 used car overnight... and the $3000 car became a $5000 car... etc...
I was in the business at the time...
Before 2009 we always had 6-12 runners sittin' on "rat row"... as is, no warranty, priced from $100 (or going scrap price) to $1500. If they didn't sell in a week or two (usually any offer would buy it), we called the salvage yard. And heck, the salvage yard would set them out front for a month or so and sell half of 'em or better. If'n I had to guess, all said and done... at least 85% of 'em were sold and re-licensed.
After 2009, rat row was where we piled the snow in winter... what few "rats" that did come in weren't worth messin' with... complete unsaleable junk.

The "poor" fella' was screwed again... and so was the middle class fella' looking for a good, cheap used third car for the kid to drive (like the $1995.00 special... they were gone also). Now-a-days, what was a $500 rat is the $1995.00 special... thanks tree-huggers.

The song made me laugh - that was great!

Thinking about what's happened to the used car industry since '09 is sad. It's true too. Been looking for a beater farm truck and they just aren't out there like they used to be. Scrap price is part of it, but that's down now and vehicle prices haven't corrected yet.

large box of beer.
Stihl 026
giant pulsating brain

Budweiser underwear

We love you man.
That's awesome.

I thought there might be a high end moisture meter or romantic date with slowp in there somewhere...

Back