fake husky 365?

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there always needs to be a historical perspective out there. Good stuff. And unfortunately history just has this way of... moving along. I remember when Kawasaki made a copy of a Matchless Twin......:) Look at them now.
That is true, and I guess the same could be said of the partner/jred saws back in the mid 80s. I have a real nice kawi back pack and combi sysetem. Also, not that it matters but I think the earthquake and Ryobi saw are cool. They are chinese but theres no deception.

All the "Husky 365s" I have seen offered for sale online here the last few years have been Chinese fakes - actually it is way more common in Europe than in the US, as it looks to me....

That is true, and I guess the same could be said of the partner/jred saws back in the mid 80s. I have a real nice kawi back pack and combi sysetem. Also, not that it matters but I think the earthquake and Ryobi saw are cool. They are chinese but theres no deception.

And as a collector, I'm also interested in the history of how these things happen. We are in the middle of yet another transition period and we have a unique opportunity to experience and document these things... even if they aren't to our liking. Similar to the dirt bike revolution in the 1970's... I wasn't particularly happy to see my prized KTM's of the late 1970's become obsolete... but look at THEM now. So rather than be bitter, simply reflect. Still have my 1979 KTM 420 AND my Homelite SXL925. I enjoy them both and they bring me back to better times.

And...in my humble opinion, Jonsered was WAY ahead of Husqvarna in cylinder and I guess total saw design. The entire "200" series (272's 246's etc.) have port layouts seen in Jonsered's a generation earlier. That's my particular Bias.... :) SO Maybe I have less sympathy than I should. I also LOVE watching the saw builders make Two Transfer Port Stihl's run like a good "Quad" port Husqvarna with finger port technics.... ::) And then there is the air pressurized by the flywheel in the air box... So the Asian designers start with this... will saws go the way of sport bikes? Time will tell. And we all can watch and collect as this progresses or if your like me, hack around with out prejudice with what ever is out there.

An 084! You must be feeling better these days. Good for you Tbone.
Yes I am way better than a year ago , but never gonna get back to where I was , and that is just fine too . I am stihl here to enjoy it !
The 084 was a impulse buy , more to just say I had one. LOL Really can't use it or even have any need for it , but you know how CAD is ! LOL I will run it ................. just a little . LOL
Really have to say I would love to have a 111S way more ! LOL No need or use for one of them either ! LOL

Yes I am way better than a year ago , but never gonna get back to where I was , and that is just fine too . I am stihl here to enjoy it !
The 084 was a impulse buy , more to just say I had one. LOL Really can't use it or even have any need for it , but you know how CAD is ! LOL I will run it ................. just a little . LOL
Really have to say I would love to have a 111S way more ! LOL No need or use for one of them either ! LOL
I didn't want to ask a dumb question so I googled up 111s....it's a Yon-sir-edz.

I didn't want to ask a dumb question so I googled up 111s....it's a Yon-sir-edz.
Had 2 of them in my basement early in the year , neither one mine ! LOL Had a small GTG here and them guys brought 2 of them rare things !! So now I want one even more ! LOL Sure a lot harder to find than a 084 too ! And parts are way harder to find ! One of them same guys also brought a ported 090 that Mastermind did for him ! And no I didn't even try to run any of them ! I was in no shape to even try . LOL

Latest posts

Back