fake single mother wants discount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheshovel said:
Yea ,to me $80.00 a cord IS a discount because here
hardwood is going for $195 to $225 a cord.
i think he means for a face cord. if your getting 225 for a face cord then good for you. wish i could do the same. three face cord is going for 250 now.

If she were truely a single lady, fairly attractive, and a little on the wild side, since Im a single man I would probably try and work out deal for a discount. ;)

I gave a few discounts to some of my elderly regular customers... they were living in summer cottages with no insuation in upper new york... they NEEDED the wood. I never was to crazy about fronting people wood though... screwed a few times. people dont realize that they dont go to the gas station or grocery store and argue with them about thier prices, I dontknow what makes firewood so susceptable to this kinda BS.

BlackenedTimber said:
I gave a few discounts to some of my elderly regular customers... they were living in summer cottages with no insuation in upper new york... they NEEDED the wood. I never was to crazy about fronting people wood though... screwed a few times. people dont realize that they dont go to the gas station or grocery store and argue with them about thier prices, I dontknow what makes firewood so susceptable to this kinda BS.
People (thankfully not very many) often figure we're just a bunch of knuckle-dragging uncouth rustic rural types and they treat us accordingly. When they begin to argue about the price you can always factor in an "aggravation surcharge". Let 'em think what they want...don't prove them right.

i figured out that people who give in, meaning, lower their price, then have a reason to. if you provide a good service or product, then stick behind it. dont cut yourself short and degrade yourself by lowering your price.
i set a price and stick to it. if i give a deal, then i know that i will suffer. its not much, but if i could put all that extra money toward my morgage, then i will save allot and pay it off faster. if i give discounts, then im paying off their morgage.

Drive_1305 said:
If she were truely a single lady, fairly attractive, and a little on the wild side, since Im a single man I would probably try and work out deal for a discount. ;)
she tries to screw you on the wood deal, just imagine what she will do in bed.

mortgage

treesurgeon said:
i figured out that people who give in, meaning, lower their price, then have a reason to. if you provide a good service or product, then stick behind it. dont cut yourself short and degrade yourself by lowering your price.
i set a price and stick to it. if i give a deal, then i know that i will suffer. its not much, but if i could put all that extra money toward my morgage, then i will save allot and pay it off faster. if i give discounts, then im paying off their morgage.
You usually have to tell the bank/mortgage company to put the extra money towards the principal or they won't do that to reduce the principal.

boboak said:
People (thankfully not very many) often figure we're just a bunch of knuckle-dragging uncouth rustic rural types and they treat us accordingly. .
and let's hope they don't read AS... or some of their beliefs will be validated... ;)

boboak said:
When they begin to argue about the price you can always factor in an "aggravation surcharge".
i do this in my business, as well... one person was so obnoxious and pushy, i tripled the price... this little ole lady with blue hair taught me some creative ways to use 4 letter words... LOL and she decided she didn't want to do business with me, which was just fine with me... she'd never ever have been happy...

Trinity Honoria said:
and let's hope they don't read AS... or some of their beliefs will be validated... ;)

i do this in my business, as well... one person was so obnoxious and pushy, i tripled the price... this little ole lady with blue hair taught me some creative ways to use 4 letter words... LOL and she decided she didn't want to do business with me, which was just fine with me... she'd never ever have been happy...
This is probably why we're not going to get rich in the wood business. We have this total disinterest in putting up with any bs. Okay,I'll fess up...some days I'll put up with a little but I'm selective about it and some days are just zero-tolerance for bs days.

boboak said:
This is probably why we're not going to get rich in the wood business. We have this total disinterest in putting up with any bs. Okay,I'll fess up...some days I'll put up with a little but I'm selective about it and some days are just zero-tolerance for bs days.

well, my business has nothing to do with trees... well, kinda-- it includes lots of paper made from trees... :laugh: but i know what you mean...

I know what you all mean-- everyone wants a discount. I give firewood away free if the people come to my house and pick it up. If I have to deliver it, I charge. I don't split it either. In this area it's hard enough to give away wood, let alone sell it. I sold some last year, but it was basically a matter of making a little icing off the removal job whereby I obtained it. Now we've had a major ice storm here, I can't sell wood for love or for money. It's everywhere, for free. But as for the sob stories-- I was almost duped by this one lady-- she gave me this whole sob story about her daughter having died the year before, etc. and she almost got a really super deal out of me. Even so she balked at my price and terms, and I told her somebody else might possibly underbid me if she just looked through the yellow pages. I opened up the phone book and wrote down four numbers for her to call. She must have, cuz I never heard from her again. Somebody with climbers or a bucket truck could have done that job, maybe, cheaper than me. More power to them. I narrowly escaped commiting myself to taking down 27 medium size pines for $3800!

Single???

Every so often the likes of her will arise.Her kind I can
count on one hand.Most folk who burn wood have had
a taste of preparing it,and as sutch they appreciate the
labor involved. Old bull

Latest posts

Back