Faller trining to Carving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtnman4ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
HI All
Well I think my big time falling days are over :( My back and h a nerves have had it it sucks Ill miss spending alot of time in the forest . Bit i ll still b e around .
So I thought Iwill get intoi carving . I Have some soft wood v blowdowns to practice with . But not a lot .
I have a number of questions Ok My saws are to big i am keeping my 575 455 and new 3120 but am selling off my used gear on ebay sadly enough even my 394 i that has been my big bad saw to take down any thing .

So where to i find good wood to work with ? or can i advertise tofor a few trees and pay for them ?
I use Husky saws so i a needa newer saw Jonsereds are ok as they are built by Husky and take most of the same chains andbars i wouls uase .
Ive been lookingas saws not sure which one a top handle saw or a light wieght pro saw like my 359? I think I need smnaller bars and a a narrower gauge chain for carving . I am going ot get a few books and try somethiong simple but i hate to give up what i enjoy and hopefully ill geta chanvce at afew days here and ter in the forest droping a few monsters . id love to vist the PNW next year . maybe drop a few tresand ship the carvable parts to Co or NH
But trhat beingsaid any ideas sugestions .
Ican use my 575 or 3120 to fasll a big tree if Ican just buy one or two .
and clan it up but wher else do I start . I am not good a paintingandsich maybe puttinga coting on acarving ithink it wopuld look better with the grain of the wood showing but i am not faimilar with carving
Thanks forany help PM or emaisl welcome
Mountainman

Latest posts

Back