Falling Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my sister's saw. She was not aware of the air filter but says it runs. I chiseled it a bit to clean it and she will soak the filter. I don't know how old it is. I'm not sure what the use plan is for it. The only trees are a few elms and the pine I planted, which grows as long as it is watered. Oh, and the spruce that my dad planted that he brought up from the Oregon Coast.
When Native to the Oregon Coast spruce grows in the desert, it turns into a large, short ball. The quail love to spend the night in it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I blasted over the hill to the dry side with "the wing" for the weekend.

homelite xl

i have that exact saw. if you want it ill sell it to you really cheap. it runs too. and cuts and does everything you need it too. ill mail it to you even. if not ill just hang it up in my barn as a ornament. i need parts for a husky 268 if anyone knows any pleaseeee thanks guys.

i have that exact saw. if you want it ill sell it to you really cheap. it runs too. and cuts and does everything you need it too. ill mail it to you even. if not ill just hang it up in my barn as a ornament. i need parts for a husky 268 if anyone knows any pleaseeee thanks guys.

No thanks. ;) It isn't my saw and I have The Barbie Saw. But, nobody seemed to know anything about this saw, which I put on the saw forum. It would need a currant bush. We found it in the shed and don't know much about it.
Actually, I don't know much about any saw, I just care if they will start, cut and run well. But here is the Skil Saw.
attachment.php

attachment.php

That is a beastly thing, very cool.

The first chainsaw I used was a blue XL12. It was my Grandad's, I was 12, twenty years later I ran that same saw, other than paint loss, it seemed to run the same.

saw

ohhhh i just went to my local mechanic "Ben's Repair" colrain MA he had a whole bunch of olddddd chainsawas. just like these on this thread. one was so old it had the old bar with the big holes in it. and a pile of old machulic and homelites. and he got me all of parts for my husky 268 im very pleased. :greenchainsaw:

That skill saw is AWESOME !!!! . The Homelite is , well , a Homelite ...
. It will give you an immense appreciation for your Stihl if you fire it up and buck up a truck load of firewood with it ...:):).
. Does the Skill saw work ???????

We think it might. I busted over the hill for a quick visit, and didn't have time to fiddle around much. The chain is very tight and I'm not sure where the screw to adjust it is. I'm not sure where anything is on that beast. Maybe next time....I spent most of the time helping to build a handrail.

I seem to remember the Skil being used to buck up limbs that my dad dragged in from the apple orchard--30 years ago???

Latest posts

Back