Family Pics- My Saw Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It was a beautiful day today and decided to take the day off and work around the house. Decided to get the saws out for some photos. Im not real adept at photos or staging but wanted to show some of my "treasures."

First up is my Jonsered 2153. I got this saw a few years ago. Mike (Mdavlee) had posted it and we worked out a trade of my old 10mm 044. I sent the saw to Randy and it won the 50cc shootout between the 261, 550, and 2153. I returned the saw to Randy to race against a 261cm and it beat it as well. The saw is a freak. Supposedly his very best 346/2153. Im proud to own it.Johnsered 2153.jpg

It was a beautiful day today and decided to take the day off and work around the house. Decided to get the saws out for some photos. Im not real adept at photos or staging but wanted to show some of my "treasures."

o_O Does this explain the lack of pictures? Ron

Edit: Okay, then the delay in pictures?

Next up is my Jonsered 2171 with 75cc top end. I purchased this saw from Paul (McLaren). He drove from NC to meet me in Johnson City which is 120 miles from my house. I turned right around and drove back thru Knox and 90 miles past up to Randy's to drop it off. It was a full day, but worth the effort to own such a phenominal saw.
Johnsered 2171.jpg

Next is my Jonsered 2188 with wrap handle. Like2Surf had had this saw ported by Randy before I got it. He put it up for sale twice with no bites and I was following it. I didnt know him, so I inquired with Randy about the seller. Randy said "He's a great guy... do you want me to contact him?'' Randy worked out the whole deal for me which was a blessing bc our family was distracted with the final 2 days of my FIL battle with stage 4 Gleoblastoma Brain Cancer. Im so thankful for having Randy as a friend and mentor.
Jonsered 2188.jpg

How bout a shot of the other side of that 2188...just to get the full effect of the wrap handle.

Next up is my One of a Kind 395XP. The saw was originally owned by Tgerloff (excommunicated). It was ported by Randy. Dexter Day (Kenis) bought the saw from him and wound up selling it to another member. Unbenounced to Kenis... Tgerloff had been in the saw after getting it back and wrecked it. This is the Blue Goo 395xp. The saw came back to Kenis and Randy once again stepped in (not his responsibility... but that's the man he is) and goes thru the saw and makes it as good as new. Kenis posted it up looking for trades for a 441cm, and I was following the thread. I didnt think he was getting equal offers, so I pmd him and asked him what he could get the 441cm he wanted for. He gave me the price and I sent him the money. I loved the story with the saw, and I appreciated how Kenis handled the entire situation. It's began a friendship that will last a lifetime.

Husqvarna 395xp.jpg

This is another saw I bought from KilliansRedLeo. Real nice saw. Should make a screamer once Randy works it over. It's my understanding that these are harder to come by in this condition than the 242xp as they were made for a shorter period of time. It gives up about 500rpms to the 242xp being tached at 15k instead of 15.5k of a 242xp. Should make a handy 46cc saw. Very nimble.

Husqvarna 246xp.jpg

Next is my 254xp. I bought this saw in a package deal from Roger Collins. Randy fingerported this saw and put a modified 262xp carb on it. Upon getting it back, I quickly posted my ported 261cm for sale. This 254xp is one of the most impressive saws I have ever ran. When I went to pick it up, Randy had this big grin on his face (with his hand on the top of the saw resting on his bench) he smirked "this is a bad little dude right here". Huge understatement.... Huge!

254xp.jpg

This 262xp is the other saw I bought from Roger Collins. Both saws were shipped directly to Randy for porting from the seller. This saw is fingerported and has a modded carb. I've had a ported 562xpw, and 2 ported 359s with walbro carbs, and I am comfident that the 262xp is the ultimate 60cc saw. They are a factory hotrod, and are nasty saws if they are ported correctly.

262xp.jpg

Next is a 272xp I bought from Randy. He had acquired it in a trade deal (that was public). The owner couldnt get it to run right.... but was a really nice clean saw. I immediately emailed Randy and said I wanted the saw once he got it. Some time passed and he must have forgot about me....:D:buttkick: bc he posted it up for sale on AS. Thank God I was home... shot him a pm and made the deal quick!:chop:This saw was mildly ported which makes it very nice to use... the saw has an amiable personality.:ices_rofl:

Husqvarna 272xp.jpg

This is an old joke and I have used it plenty of times: BUT, My wife's going to kill you when she finds out how many saws you have :p:laugh:

I used Kari's phone to take all these pics today.:D And then she had to email them to me.... I have no secrets with her. As long as I give her the equal $ amount I spend..... all is good.:rock:

This is my favorite saw I own. It represents the evolution of my Cad and is solely responsible for my seeing the light and coming over to Husqvarna. I cant remember now, I may have been there picking up either the 10mm 044, the 120si, or the 7901 (it's been a while) but I just asked if Randy had any big Husqvarna (which would be my first) saw that he would sell. He pulled the 288 lite off his shelf. Took it outside of the shop.... and started it up (I dont think I even made a cut with it) just to hear that 288 thump..... I had to have it. It has remained my favorite saw and I will NEVER sell it. May be buried with it.:D Husqvarna 288 lite.jpg

Latest posts

Back