Farmertec chains and others

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Always had good results with their chains, advertised as "German technology", do we know who actually makes them? Stihl claims they are only manufacturer that makes their own chains, how about Husky? What about the Japanese saws, do they have their own source from a Japanese chain manufacturer? I suspect that most are made in China, just with different quality specs depending on who they are made for. Does Oregon, Windsor, Carleton manufacture in USA?

Husqy started making their own chains a year ish (can't remember exact date) ago. I like them so far, pretty close to quality to stihl chain. No comments on the others.

Always had good results with their chains,
Your user name is Old2stroke. What does always mean in this context? What type of chain 3/8 pitch for saws 50 to100cc seems the most common for folks that post on this site.
Stihl claims they are only manufacturer that makes their own chains, how about Husky?
I believe Stihl branded chain is all made by Stihl. I also believe all that had been sold lately in my area at least is made in Switzerland.
Husqvarna I believe makes some chain types and has others that are really Oregon with Husky stampings. Is the Mini .325 chain Oregon made?
Does Oregon, Windsor, Carleton manufacture in USA?
They likely will keep some manufacturing in this country. And or Canada but make it kind of vague which models and what is assembled from imported components.

We really need an inside source at a manufacturing facility.

Any special class of chain you want to discuss?

Back