• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Farmertec Power Machinery Co., Ltd. of China

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James G

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I ordered a carburetor from them and never received it. I got a refund from Paypal. Farmertec then provided bogus tracking information that it had been delivered - to some place in NJ that I had never heard of.

Update: the package arrived today; five weeks after I had ordered it. They had sent it to the wrong address, but the PO was able to get it to me.

I’ve bought parts and several saws from Neotec who apparently is somewhat related to Farmertec as I think they bought them out? Farmertec was simply a distributor and not a manufacturer. Lots of ownership changes with these chinese companies and change of factories which produce the parts. So far I’ve had no issues with Neotec customer service but I hear Farmertec does not respond to emails.

I’ve bought parts and several saws from Neotec who apparently is somewhat related to Farmertec as I think they bought them out? Farmertec was simply a distributor and not a manufacturer. Lots of ownership changes with these chinese companies and change of factories which produce the parts. So far I’ve had no issues with Neotec customer service but I hear Farmertec does not respond to emails.
On fb the neotec owner said they produced saws for farmertec but farmertec wanted to cut costs
So neotec started selling their own saws
Who knows though.

I'm not gonna say I have a lot of experience with Chinese companies. A few times was enough. Walbro and Zama are both made in China so you have no choice. They have way better quality control on their products and Zama was bought by Stihl, Buy US, German, Italian, Swedish or Greek if you can. OEM when possible. Several good companies in the U.S. sell Chinese products , but they quality control them and offer warranties and have excellent customer service.

If I'm looking for aftermarket parts, I generally start with Hyway. They sell farmertec parts as well, but I tend to avoid them even though I like my G660. I've had good results with the Hyway brand parts though, and shipping has been pretty decent. There have been a few times in the past where I accidently ordered something from Amazon or Ebay without realizing it was coming straight from China. Shipping is always a nightmare on that stuff. It normally arrives "on time" (4 to 6 weeks), but trying to track it is almost impossible. Seems to be the only thing worse that USPS in that regard.

Back