Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed a air filter mount, cover, plastic hold down nut, safety fin and top cover for my 461 after a miscalculation of a branch falling. Stihl dealer wanted about $300 for the parts. They had the saw kit on sale for $279 so I ordered it. My saw is fixed now. I had to get the dremel to modify a couple of the parts but they worked fine. Now I have a spare box full of SPARE JUNK to modify if Something else gets broke.

I needed a air filter mount, cover, plastic hold down nut, safety fin and top cover for my 461 after a miscalculation of a branch falling. Stihl dealer wanted about $300 for the parts. They had the saw kit on sale for $279 so I ordered it. My saw is fixed now. I had to get the dremel to modify a couple of the parts but they worked fine. Now I have a spare box full of SPARE JUNK to modify if Something else gets broke.
Stihl parts prices are very much out of control over the pond. I'm always baffled. Stuff is much cheaper in Europe and I can by online. You're getting ripped of!

Stihl parts prices are very much out of control over the pond. I'm always baffled. Stuff is much cheaper in Europe and I can by online. You're getting ripped of!
Have ordered from several suppliers, England, Germany, Italy and Greece. OEM and aftermarket. Only drawback is time constraints, up to 2 to three weeks on most. E-bay for good used parts would have been my first choice, but the 461 body parts are usually in demand and often hard to obtain without a long wait.

Aren't "genuine" Stihl saws made in China, or at least largely from parts made in China?

If not, they must be one of the only consumer products on the planet that isn't...

Seriously, what IS still made in the USA, besides software, Mean Tweets and new pronouns?
Final assembly or total content? I saw an article that said that the car with the most North American content, parts and assembly labor, was a Subaru assembled in the US. It was still only about 50% US added value (IIRR). The Fords, GM and Chryslers were lower content but not by much.

Even though the new 362 I bought has Made in Germany on it, I am sure it has a Chiney carb on it. I haven't even put a torqs to it yet. That will happen in the next week. 8 tanks of fuel so far. It runs like a Stihl should.

Latest posts

Back