Favorite brand of saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite brand of saw currently made?

• Husqvarna

Votes: 46 25.6%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 20 11.1%
  • Stihl

Votes: 77 42.8%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 20 11.1%
  • Solo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Efco

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Echo

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Poulan

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shindaiwa

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not a pissing match, just curious what the proportions are. My guess is the results will be the following:

1 - Stihl
2 - Husqvarna
3 - Dolmar or Jonsered
4 - Shindaiwa
5 - Efco
6 - Echo
7 - Solo
8 - Poulan

I chose Dolmar, but i have no
experience with there new saws.
I like the older Sachs Dolmars
or any vintage big muscle saw
for that matter.

Lee

I have quite honestly never used anything other than my two Stihls and even those not much so am slightly amused by the seemingly raging Stihl/Husky debate.

I would have to say that at the moment I like Stihl, but that might well change when I get to use something else, I don't know.

I like a whole bunch of different saws. the only one I didnt like was the 1995 mac eager beaver, but I wont hold that against Mccoloch. If I had the chance to get one of the older big saws I wouldnt hesitate

I do not have a lot of saws but my husky would come first, my little echo is second and is very reliable and has never let me down and then third would be my stihl, my little homelite is fifteenth out of all four of my saws because it always sits in the cabinet because you never know when it will run.

i pretty much like stihl. but i have an old echo-4600 thats about 15 years old and its runs perfect. its a bit on the heavy side but its a real gentlemen

I voted Stihl cos thats what i have most of. If another quality brand came up at the right price i`d have it. I have no inflexible opinions.

I have quite honestly never used anything other than my two Stihls and even those not much so am slightly amused by the seemingly raging Stihl/Husky debate.

I'd say that is what fuels most of the debate, blindly loyal users of one brand who will defend it to the death without ever giving the competition a serious look. It's the same way with Ford vs Chevy and JD vs IH...

I voted Dolmar, my new 7300 has impressed me a lot in the 3 weeks I've had it. Were it not for the $150 price difference, I might be saying the same about a 372 or a 460.

Back