February Blizzard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day of wind and rain and we're loving it. Until a week ago, the D word was being used. In that time, the snowpack has built up to normal--we've had epic snowfall in the mountains, and I'll need to check my rain measuring buckets. I have no formula for deducting the amount slurped up by the Used Dog. Nobody is complaining. We need this, and we have the gear to deal with it.

The ground is an opaque white this morning. :eek::clap: Don't move here.

40* here now. Brought in a couple of armloads of spring shoulder wood this morning.
I'm sure I'm fooling myself, but it's feeling like spring...
"God willin' and the creek don't rise.."

last year we had 8" this year pushing 70" who knows what will happen for the rest of the winter but im with you ive had it

I'm really sympathetic to those who are going to get hit with this one. I know I'm plenty tired of it now. It's around 40 now but that's not making much dent in the big white piles outside.

We were suppose to get 3 to 5" yesterday and I woke up to 8 to 9". I am sick of it as well. Today its around 40 and melting. Now we have to move some of it to keep from the melting stuff running in our buildings. I am done with the white shi!!!!

Very tired of it, and we still have March and April to go. 42" on my front lawn and it's snowing again.

yep.....supposed to get (another) 8" to 12" by tomorrow night; already have 5 foot snowbanks all down our long driveway and if we get what they say we're gonna get, I'll have to swap the blade for the bucket and need to relocate some of this stuff.......to where I don't know. One thing I've learned from living in the north country: when it comes to winter, you should always have a good supply of beer and firewood.......'cause ya just never know.

You can keep it over there in Iowa! I think it's going to miss us this time. It'll sure be interesting to see what the Mississippi river will do when everything finally does melt. A couple of my commercial fishing buddies have been done for about 6 weeks now, they said the ice is too thick to even cut and set nets. Lots of water lines and sewers in several small towns around me are freezing as the frost goes deeper. Not sure what things will look like when it does finally thaw out.

Was reading an article today about how parts of the midwest and northeast were expecting a cool spring and possibly summer due to the amount of ice on the Great Lakes and all the snow on the land around them. It said the lakes could finally warm up just in time to start cooling down again. Time will tell.

I can deal with the blizzard, but it is being followed by several days of below zero temps. Should be done with that crap already.

Was reading an article today about how parts of the midwest and northeast were expecting a cool spring and possibly summer due to the amount of ice on the Great Lakes and all the snow on the land around them. It said the lakes could finally warm up just in time to start cooling down again. Time will tell.

That was what we had last year. A cool wet summer. The poor garden was begging for some hot summer sun and it just never really materialized. I spent countless hours installing a new drip irrigation system in the garden and only used it twice all season. I never thought about the frozen lakes dragging out the cold season!

Nature's A/C. Depending on the wind direction.
I'm not even that old, but I remember 'ice harvesting'. Huge blocks cut from the lakes, packed in sawdust and stored in warehouses for use in the summer. Kept a lot of beer cold for me and my buddies.
You work with ya got.

Back