Feeling Better Tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlander

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a good friend who owns a welding shop and every time I need his services he won't let me pay him. He always tells me "That's what friends are for". I have a well equipped shop where I do most of my repair/fabrication work so I don't often use his services, but it still bothers me that he won't let me pay him when I do need his work.

We have a big bad winter storm moving in today, sounds like a bad one. My friend called me this evening asking if he could buy some firewood from me (I have 3 times as much as I need). His parents who are elderly and not good health were worried about running out of wood. I told him he couldn't buy any wood from me, I don't sell firewood. I told him if he wanted to, I would "locate" some wood for him and would help him load it. He agreed and drove to my place. My pickup was already loaded and me and my wife loaded his when he got here. He looked at me with that WTF look and I just smiled and said "That's what friends are for". We took those 2 loads to his parent's house, unloaded it and thanked him for the work he has done for me over the years.

LOL!!!

That's the way things work, when you're dealing with good folks.:good:

Good on ya for helping out a buddy in a spot.

One warning though. If he's anything like the some of the folks around here, he's just gonna up the ante' on ya next time LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

good deed dude, and good way to pay your buddy back. I'd hate to not have any heat w/ the storm we're supposed to be getting... I didn't have anyone call today, but i left about half to 3/4 of a cord on my pickup for traction and for if someone calls. Its going to be one of those "well i'll bring you enough to get through the storm and you decide what its worth" kind of deals i'd imagine. i just hope i have enough on there or they are willing to come out to the house to help me load more lol! its supposed to be like -2 tommorow night and -5 wednesday night, so i'm not wanting to MOVE much if i don't have to

I have a good friend who owns a welding shop and every time I need his services he won't let me pay him. He always tells me "That's what friends are for". I have a well equipped shop where I do most of my repair/fabrication work so I don't often use his services, but it still bothers me that he won't let me pay him when I do need his work.

We have a big bad winter storm moving in today, sounds like a bad one. My friend called me this evening asking if he could buy some firewood from me (I have 3 times as much as I need). His parents who are elderly and not good health were worried about running out of wood. I told him he couldn't buy any wood from me, I don't sell firewood. I told him if he wanted to, I would "locate" some wood for him and would help him load it. He agreed and drove to my place. My pickup was already loaded and me and my wife loaded his when he got here. He looked at me with that WTF look and I just smiled and said "That's what friends are for". We took those 2 loads to his parent's house, unloaded it and thanked him for the work he has done for me over the years.
Nice to get even:hmm3grin2orange:

Good for you. Always nice to do someone a favor. It's not always just the payback, it's more for the good feeling we get inside. Gott'a give you a lot of credit. Rep sent..

Have a Great Day!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm still a long way from "getting even" but at the very least I got a start.

May God Bless You

Outlander,
Proverbs 18:24 says, "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." You showed to be a friend who stuck close. May God bless you and your family.

Outlander

You will be paid back for you helping your friend our and your friend has it right you never take money for your fiend.

I have never taken money for helping someone out when they offer me money for helping them I just tell them thank you my pay is written in the big book of like.

By the way I don’t know where you call home but that is the way things work in the south (Alabama).

Latest posts

Back