Feeling Peeved at Fallers Do Not Read If Sensitive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let me see, the men who use chainsaws to get trees on the ground made today's job a bit harder. So, the hooktender, who was also peeved, as his job was a little harder too, told me this gem.

A faller is nothing but a truckdriver with a chainsaw.

Sounds like a good signature line to me.:D

Well, it made me laugh. I didn't know the loggers were so quick witted....;)

I think latter portion of your title needs to be on every thread. That should take care of some of the recent issues

Let me see, the men who use chainsaws to get trees on the ground made today's job a bit harder. So, the hooktender, who was also peeved, as his job was a little harder too, told me this gem.

Sounds like a good signature line to me.:D

That does it! Now you've hurt my feelings.
Oh wait, I'm not a faller anymore. I've been demoted to thinning contractor in New Mexico (cutter at best).
Ok, carry on. :laugh:

Andy

Well that does it!!! I'm mad now and lookin to take it out in a few weeks on the big one and since its only my boss and I in the woods he is on the cat and I'm cutting I will put a few in the thicket and maybe throw one crossed up to power buck it then I'm goin to......... What was I doing? What was I talking about again?:msp_confused:

Well that does it!!! I'm mad now and lookin to take it out in a few weeks on the big one and since its only my boss and I in the woods he is on the cat and I'm cutting I will put a few in the thicket and maybe throw one crossed up to power buck it then I'm goin to......... What was I doing? What was I talking about again?:msp_confused:

I believe it was what brand of truck you prefer to drive....:)

Yeah, and truck drivers are like refridgerators... Close the door and the lights go out!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Now slowp, don't read this if you're sensitive, but maybe you should resign that nice .gov job and (first) teach all them stupid fallers how to do it right, and then (second) teach all them stupid truckdrivers how to run over gubmint workers without bending the chrome.

Oh, no. I have sailed enough in the ferries loaded with the truckdrivers to say, this statement is a good one, but not true.

Sitting and drinking few hours with a bunch drivers is an exhausting experience. They are always driving. And they have an annoying habit to classify all the non-drivers as bums.

They and their so called salaries.

I would say all the loggers I know are knotheads more or less. But to have that kind of one track mind... well, the truck drivers are their own kind.

Yes, if I understand the term right, a knothead is "Someone who only learns by suffering and/or sad experience".

That is how we all ended up in the woods, didn´t we?

Back