Fess up. Who here is using the Jawsaw?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Made it on to one of those infomercials and our whole family got such a kick out of it. My first thought was putting it on a table and using it to process small firewood.

Its kind of a like a harvester/firewood processer in that the bar sweeps into the cut.

Not sure how far I'll get with a 5amp motor and an ac cable. (they say its far more versatile than a regular chainsaw... sure)

Let me know when the propane version shows up... whacka whacka

So myself and a buddy of mine were in a bar just after a job and that came on tv we both looked at each other and started laughing.

That thing will reduce careless, clueless homeowner accidents and then we wont break their hearts when they want their "Box Store" fixed cus it wont start and we tell them that it costs more to pay us to get it running than to buy a new "Box Store" saw!!

I loved that infomercial..caught it late one night.

"CHAINSAWS ARE DANGEROUS" As it shows some retard chasing around a 1/2" branch along the ground with a saw. Had me sold there.

A guy in my Sunday School told me he was buying one for his wife for Christmas. I just smiled and said that I'm sure she will like it (I hated lying in church).

If she has no previous chainsaw experiences she may actually like it. You might not have been lying after all. :msp_smile:

Rob, she has a pretty extensive yarden which is her pride. She spends lots of time pruning. She may well like it, but I was thinking an electric CS would be just the ticket for her.

My oldest daughter loves infomercials. I think one year she even had the Magic Bullet blender thing on her Christmas list when she was 8 or 10 years old. I'll have to make sure she doesn't see this one. I haven't watched the link yet, can't do it on work pc but I'm sure it's fantastic :laugh:.

The concept isn't totally ridiculous with the extension pole as a cheap pruner for John Q. Homeowner but extension cords, no thanks. I'll pay more and get the pruner and extension for my KM110 power head instead.

No doubt that an electric chainsaw would be better. Husqvarna and Dolmar each have a real nice one available. I'd bet even a Craftsman or Poulan will run circles around that Worx Jawsaw.

Rob, she has a pretty extensive yarden which is her pride. She spends lots of time pruning. She may well like it, but I was thinking an electric CS would be just the ticket for her.
I think the "Jawsaw" might be a better alternative to a "regular" electric chainsaw...
At least for some of the local old folks I've seen "trying" to use an electric one...DANGEROUS..!!

Worst case was an old guy (80's I guess) trying to cut-up limbs on a tree with a circular saw..!!

Then a little woman with a "country-time" brand saw in her right hand and her left hand
crossed over her right arm doing an up-cut pulling the limb with the left hand..!!

I always have my 192T in the truck and have stopped a number of times to tell them to stop..!!
I then cut them up for them in short order with my "wimpy..gutless" 192T :msp_wink:

I'd sure rather my 85 year old Mom be using a "Jawsaw" than a regular electric chainsaw..!!
(At least both her hands would HAVE to be on the saw..!!)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Wowzers

It's so safe your kids can even cut their own limbs off with simplicity.

Plug in.
Put handle on floor with foot in it.
Put arm into the jaws.
KAPOW, no arm left!!!!!!:eek:uttahere2::eek:uttahere2::eek:uttahere2:

I'd sure rather my 85 year old Mom be using a "Jawsaw" than a regular electric chainsaw..!!
(At least both her hands would HAVE to be on the saw..!!)

Truth be told, I'd rather my Mom not use a chainsaw... period!
For pruning little branches around the yard I set her up with a little Milwaukee 12V Sawzall with some pruning blades. Its a good little set-up actually. Anything more than that is what I'm for. :msp_biggrin:

The thing is a great idea, love the way it works, it is ten times safer than an electric saw for home users. I gotta be honest, if Stihl or Husky made a 30-40cc one with 10" jaws i would be posting a vid of me using it tomorrow...

Truth be told, I'd rather my Mom not use a chainsaw... period!
For pruning little branches around the yard I set her up with a little Milwaukee 12V Sawzall with some pruning blades. Its a good little set-up actually. Anything more than that is what I'm for. :msp_biggrin:
Your Mom sounds a lot like mine...even at 85 she just has to be doing something outside..!!

And it HAS to be NOW..!! LOL..!!!

She wanted this bush cut up and I was busy and told her "just wait...I'll do it when I can"

She lost the keys to her garage where the nice mini-lopper I had bought her was.

But had the nice hand pruners I got her...YEP..!! Cut the bush down with 'em and ruined 'em..!!
(and her arm and hand muscles were sore for a week)...said..."I wanted it down and it is"..!!
J2F

Your Mom sounds a lot like mine...even at 85 she just has to be doing something outside..!!

And it HAS to be NOW..!! LOL..!!!

She wanted this bush cut up and I was busy and told her "just wait...I'll do it when I can"

She lost the keys to her garage where the nice mini-lopper I had bought her was.

But had the nice hand pruners I got her...YEP..!! Cut the bush down with 'em and ruined 'em..!!
(and her arm and hand muscles were sore for a week)...said..."I wanted it down and it is"..!!
J2F

Too funny... I think that we might be related somewhere down the line. Cheers! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back