Field Axe *NEEDED*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

333.okh

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So, I carry an axe while hiking and doing Forestry Wildlife and Firefighting work. I had a highly modified FSS Collins Cruiser Axe that had one bit cut off and turned to a hammer poll and a knob scroll handle....well that all broke the other day with a crack in the head.

I am looking to replace this axe....I need 1.75 to 2.5 pound head with a knob scroll handle. I have the interior live oak to have the handle carved. It will be 36" long...yes that is very long for a small weight head, but the head will have a 4 inch cutting surface.

This axe is bearded, and also used as a crutch or hiking stick while holding the sheathed head......

NOW WHO DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR MAKING THE HEAD EITHER MODIFYING EXISTING HEADS OR FORGING A NEW ONE?

Tuatahi make beautiful axes. They are not cheap but are a work of art, many different grind options. They make be able to help you on a special order.

See if you can find a blacksmith near you, they might be able to repair the head if it is only cracked.

I know they repair their own forging tools and hammers.

awesome links..............oh how i wish we could repair my head...oh that sounds wrong,but it is not only cracked but missing a piece.

awesome links..............oh how i wish we could repair my head...oh that sounds wrong,but it is not only cracked but missing a piece.

You can repair it. . . Take it to a local welder. He should be able to weld your piece back on, and weld the crack.

Throw up a couple pictures boss -- lets see what you have to deal with.

So now I just feel stupid. I left it anchored into a stump behind the Trinity Summit Guard Station in the Trinity Alps Wilderness. I will replace it, but also we get it back this summer and get it fixed. Man that was dumb on my part.

Back