Finally a great deal !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I believe it does have the provisions for the plate.....hole for the screw on bottom and a notch if you will where the plate tucks in. Also it has the straight fins on the cylinder. No decomp though.

That is a hardcore, YOU SUCK!

Get the small aluminum plate that goes in the bottom corner of the gas tank. I see a lot of 044's missing that piece and often wonder why. Also dual dogs, hd2 and a dual port exhaust.

This saw is definitely on my list of must haves!

Mine doesn't have the Aluminum piece; but it does have the worse case of chain rash I've ever seen. I've run it for the last few years with the patch job that was on it when I bought it, but I'm soon to need a new tank.

To the OP, the amount of suckage you possess is off the charts.

Great deal! I scored a beat up Ms440 about 6 months ago for $100. My FIL asked me on the way home if I ever felt guilty for some of the deals I get. I said 'heck no!' I usually pay the asking price. Why should I feel guilty? Lol

BTW, there is a nice SUGI 24" on the trading post that would look great on this saw :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so what dictates a 10mm or 12mm and which saws had a decomp and which ones were magnums and why etc...... my fingers hurt

Ok so what dictates a 10mm or 12mm and which saws had a decomp and which ones were magnums and why etc...... my fingers hurt
Easiest way to tell is the serial number

129583701 (I think that's the number)
Anything after that is 12mm

On the 044/440......it's Magnum is merely a sticker and means nothing.

10mm and early 12mm saws did not have a decomp

Latest posts

Back