Finally a legit craigslist score!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWittenbreder

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This past summer read a ad for a "free oak tree". Of course it was right next to the house thus I told the homeowner no way get a pro in here with the proper insurance/equip. and just have him drop it and I'll take everything 2" and up. Finally get the call from the guy last week that the tree is down. Go check it out the other day, solid as a rock, 3 1/2' dbh 25' straight trunk. Should get a pile of wood out of this!!!!

Would'nt you know it 2 days later I get a call from 2 more people with large amounts of free downed wood. Guess I'll be a busy boy for the next few months!!! I'll take the camera next trip and post some pics.

Lucky you. Last week I got a response to a craigslist ad I posted looking for wood. The guy says he has 10 oaks down and all the limbs removed by the tree co and that they are right by the driveway for easy loading and wanted to know if I wanted them. Sweet! Of course I do. So I emailed back and we agreed to meet the following week (scheduling conflicts). the next day or so he emails me back and says he is buying a wood stove and wants to keep the wood. Talk about a let down man was I disappointed. I guess you would call that chainsaw blue b@!!$

How did they used to say it?

Lucky you. Last week I got a response to a craigslist ad I posted looking for wood. The guy says he has 10 oaks down and all the limbs removed by the tree co and that they are right by the driveway for easy loading and wanted to know if I wanted them. Sweet! Of course I do. So I emailed back and we agreed to meet the following week (scheduling conflicts). the next day or so he emails me back and says he is buying a wood stove and wants to keep the wood. Talk about a let down man was I disappointed. I guess you would call that chainsaw blue b@!!$

Don't dilly dally?
You know you should have been right there before someone else got it.. Or talked him into "Hey you should just buy a woodstove.. "

Don't dilly dally?
You know you should have been right there before someone else got it.. Or talked him into "Hey you should just buy a woodstove.. "

I know normally I would be there as soon as I got the e-mail but I had Patriots tickets(which are even tougher to come by than free wood). He was leaving to go hunting the next day and said he would contact me in a few days when he got back. Just the way the cards fell but it still sucks.

Latest posts

Back