Finally built my new shop this year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdad07

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I haven't been around much this summer on the site except for the thread I normally hang out in in the saw forum. Anyhow I finally built the new shop that I have been threatening to do for the last couple of years. I milled a lot of the lumber and bought a lot from the Amish around me as a time saver. Here are some pics, it's still a little messy but it is slowly getting set up, what a difference from the old one.
0915121740.jpg
0915121738.jpg
0915122211.jpg
07291221431.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great!!!

Nice pics! It looks a bit light in trees there... what are you planning to mill?

Hey, is that a chicken coop there.... what kind of chickens and how many do you have???

We currently have a doz Barred Rock hens and are enjoying every day with them (they chase the cat! - what a stitch!!!)

Keep the pics coming! :)

-Dad2FourWI

That looks great!!!

Nice pics! It looks a bit light in trees there... what are you planning to mill?

Hey, is that a chicken coop there.... what kind of chickens and how many do you have???

We currently have a doz Barred Rock hens and are enjoying every day with them (they chase the cat! - what a stitch!!!)

Keep the pics coming! :)

-Dad2FourWI

My house is built in the middle of a hay field, we actually are pretty heavily wooded around here. We had Rhode Island red laying hens but a raccoon got into the coop and killed them all, I got my revenge on the coon though. Generally I mill whatever I can get my hands on. We have a lot of the cold weather hardwoods up here like sugar maple and the like. There is also a ton of oak here along with ash.

Thanks guys, I have been on here saying I was going to do it for a long time, finally just went and did it. I just found two nice big pine blow downs out in the woods behind the house that are about to become Alaskan mill fodder. Should be enough there to do a leanto off of the back of the shop for my Gravelys and lawn mower. Parking the lawn mower in the shop right now, still have plenty of room but I know how fast I'll fill this baby up.

That is a nice looking shop. Wish I had a loft and shelves that nice! Great work.

Hey, look who it is. If you get a moment, check in on the chainsaw forum in the "Sure is quiet in here...." thread. It should be near the top of the page. Introduce yourself, they are real good guys.

Back