Finally finished my 372 rebuild.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoffM

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this 372 of ebay last year as a project saw. The owner stripped it because of a fried piston, but also decided to replace seals and crank bearings. I think he then lost his nerve and sold it on the bay. Anyway first thing was to strip it completely and clean all the parts. Cases were sprayed and new bearings and seals fitted. A new P&C was fitted along with a few smaller bits and pieces, which had been mislaid by the previous owner. It fired right up and runs fine, so all in all I am pretty pleased with my first Husqvarna rebuild.
Geoff.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Judging by the crankcase, it looks like it was a LOW hr saw...

did you replace the top cover and the clutch cover as well??

looks good! :clap:

J

Judging by the crankcase, it looks like it was a LOW hr saw...

did you replace the top cover and the clutch cover as well??

looks good! :clap:

J
It probably was a low usage saw,very little wear anywhere apart from the P&C. The plastic parts were all just cleaned,no parts were replaced.The clutch cover I resprayed along with the crankcase halves.
geoff.
:cheers:

Good Job.

No matter whether new or old, there is always a great feeling that comes over a person when successful with a 'parts box' build. Almost a strange kinda high like its alive!
I agree with you entirely. Then when you pull the cord and it really does come alive, that makes it all worthwhile.
:chainsawguy:

Good job, rep coming your way.

Is the muffler stock, or did you mod it? It's not the same as the muffler on my CS2171.
I really can't say if the muffler is stock, but it was in the box when I bought it. The saw is a 2002 model,so maybe the difference is in the model years of the two saws. It does sound good though.
:chainsawguy:

Good job, rep coming your way.

Is the muffler stock, or did you mod it? It's not the same as the muffler on my CS2171.

That muffler is the same as the one that is on my 2171, it's probably an european-only type of thing, I imagine.

Back