Finally finished my wood pile for 2009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPP

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Posted a partial pic on another thread last week.
Took today off from work to finish up my last batch of firewood for 2009.

The last tree I had to cut up was costly. A friend of mine had a dead maple he needed to take off the yard. He lives 60 miles away and his wife doesn't work, 2 kids, so he is strapped for cash. I told him if he could get a pro to drop the tree, I'll come and do the rest of the work and I'll keep the wood (he has no wood stove or fireplace) for my time and effort. Saved him a bunch of money, about $500 or so.
It ended up costing me.
3 trips back and forth isn't even included.....
On my last trip home from his place, I loaded up wood into my cargo dept inside my truck, and in the process broke the latch on the door. That cost me $100 to fix.
The very first piece of wood I went to split at home, I jammed my pinky in my hand operated wood splitter and almost tore it off. 7 stitches and put me on sidelines for 3 weeks. Cost me about $200 on doctor and hospital visits.
So much for free wood. Also, the adage "no good deed goes unpunished" comes true again.

Anyways, here is my completed stash of 9 +/- face cords. I have another 1.5 fc at my hunting camp for the woodstove there.
I have many more trees I can cut this year, but I am starting to get ready for archery season. Saws going on the shelf until winter or early spring.

don't stand next to that stack!! you might end up back at the doctor! :dizzy: J/K nice wood, but it's never "free" just think of it as reduced price heat.

Sorry for the run of bad luck, I cringe every time i hear a story about a hand getting hung in a log splitter. Almost makes me scared to use mine.lol I have gotten the finger tips of gloves hung before. that was too close for me. But you do have a nice stack of wood. looks like a fence in the last pic.

21mrfkp.jpg
heres a couple tom trees

tomtrees,
trying to upstage me on my own thread?
I'm just an amateur firewood cutter, let me have my own day in the sun.;)

Posted a partial pic on another thread last week.
Took today off from work to finish up my last batch of firewood for 2009.

The last tree I had to cut up was costly. A friend of mine had a dead maple he needed to take off the yard. He lives 60 miles away and his wife doesn't work, 2 kids, so he is strapped for cash. I told him if he could get a pro to drop the tree, I'll come and do the rest of the work and I'll keep the wood (he has no wood stove or fireplace) for my time and effort. Saved him a bunch of money, about $500 or so.
It ended up costing me.
3 trips back and forth isn't even included.....
On my last trip home from his place, I loaded up wood into my cargo dept inside my truck, and in the process broke the latch on the door. That cost me $100 to fix.
The very first piece of wood I went to split at home, I jammed my pinky in my hand operated wood splitter and almost tore it off. 7 stitches and put me on sidelines for 3 weeks. Cost me about $200 on doctor and hospital visits.
So much for free wood. Also, the adage "no good deed goes unpunished" comes true again.

Anyways, here is my completed stash of 9 +/- face cords. I have another 1.5 fc at my hunting camp for the woodstove there.
I have many more trees I can cut this year, but I am starting to get ready for archery season. Saws going on the shelf until winter or early spring.

That is stacked in about the ultimate manner for it to dry, excellent!:cheers:

You better let me come get that first pile out of yer way before it tips over.:D

Nice work!! :cheers:

JPP are those wood racks moveable? Do you pick them up loaded and move them closer to stove? If so, could you post a picture of an empty one. Looks great. I love the wood stack/pile pics. It is really refreshing to look out at your own and think 'its all paid for'.

Latest posts

Back