Finally get to give my 575xp a good workout

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_scott

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My boss's father decided to fell this tree today 30"(Approximate) pine he used his 60cc jonsereds and I decided to pull out the 575 and give it a run to cut up the tree been having alot of fun my boss is pretty impressed with the way it runs even though he loves his stihl I stihl managed to talk him into trying out the husky:)

Nice pic.

I gotta do something about that price tag that is still stuck on the side of the engine cover it is evidence that it has not had much use. One thing I want to do with the 575 is to give it an extra exhaust port to give it a bit more of a boost in performance. Out of curiosity do these saws have a rev limiting ignition coil on them?

The type of coil should make no difference. By porting the muffler you are only helping the engine be more efficient, not increasing its rpm range.

The only way to increase the rpms is to port the jug itself

How did it compare to other saws that you have used in the past?:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

So far I have found it to be a very good saw I admit it felt heavy when I first bought it but now I don't even notice the weight of the saw. How it compares to other saws that I have used in the past as far as I am concerned it is up there in performance with the stihl 440 as I have used the 440's while felling trees in the forest this is this biggest saw I have ever owned so the 034 I converted into an 036 is no comparison. The 575 did run alongside an MS390 Today and it was out doing the 390 but considering the fact that the MS390 is 65cc and the husky is 75cc once again there is no comparison on that part. My work buddy who is a former logger had a run with it aswell and he felt that it was a damn good saw to use

Hey there Ross, Yes i love my 575 allso and think its a great saw even with the weight i find im allways grabing it over my 359 now, and with ordering parts etc through Baileys you just have to email them with the items you want they then price the items up and organize the shipping charges, then they will email you back with a total cost in American dollars you do your dollar conversion to NZD and pay them in whatever way you prefer and presto, And i can assure you its alot cheaper than what we have to pay here for bars/chains etc.

Cheers Hayden G.

PS go the 575

Latest posts

Back