Finally got my firewooding saw box put together!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Looks a lot like mine. I agree, you need a brush and some chips/oil in there. I also keep a shop rag in there, never know when you need one. One thing I need is a first aid kit as mentioned above. No excuse, but I havent gotten around to picking one up yet.

ace.sized.jpg

I use those Lock & Lock containers to hold chains, they're sealed, come in all different sizes and the lid snaps on securely. I got them from Meijers, and you can find them all over the internet as well. Work really well for me.

I use those Lock & Lock containers to hold chains, they're sealed, come in all different sizes and the lid snaps on securely. I got them from Meijers, and you can find them all over the internet as well. Work really well for me.

:cool:

I'll try to find em at Meijers next time I go.

Hey Nuzzy, can I have some of those K&H wedges? They look so pretty when they're new, mine have been pounded on so much that all the red has worn off. Everyone loves a redhead! And I can see you're proud to show yours off.
It looks like you are ready for anything with all that stuff, and its all so nicely organized. That's the kind of thing that I need to do but can never seem to get around to it. I just stuff my wedges in my back pockets and slide the axe through my belt and I'm ready to go....for now.

That is a nice box you got there. Like some others here I am a bit disorganized. A scrench in my chaps, tuning tools in my carhartts, etc. I need to make one of my 2009 goals to get organized so I can find the stuff I need when I need it. Maybe this will give me the motivation to do it. Thanks nuzzy.

Doc are you trying to show off? That box looks to nice to haul to the woods.:hmm3grin2orange:
Well, that's why I made it out of southern yellow pine and not a premier hardwood. That way I can knock it around and not feel like my "furniture" is getting scratched.

That SYP is tough stuff. A small box like this is great for any wood cutter. I even carry spare chains in it, gease gun, small grinder and stones, spare spark plug, cleaning brush, knife, scrench, screwdrivers, ear plugs, etc. (about everything but a condom).

Nuzzy; Here is a shot of my Lock & Lock container. I use stuff I get from work, which is called chipboard, basically a heavy paper between each chain. This stuff also has a rust inhibitor treatment (thats what we do at work) on it so no rusty chains.

aal.sized.jpg

And a shot of them nestled in the toolbox.

aan.sized.jpg

Nuzzy; Here is a shot of my Lock & Lock container. I use stuff I get from work, which is called chipboard, basically a heavy paper between each chain. This stuff also has a rust inhibitor treatment (thats what we do at work) on it so no rusty chains.

Those certainly look like they'd do the trick. I like!

Those certainly look like they'd do the trick. I like!

Yep, they're very nice. The two smaller ones have up to 20" chains in them and the larger one is for the 25-36". They fit very well. A little pricier than your standard tupperware, but well worth it for stuff like this.

Back