Finally got to use the winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runknpap

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
20150311_135745.jpg
got to use my winch today. This giant cherry got dropped onto its crotch. so it got embedded into the ground, without the winch we would never have been able to pull it up. Got halfway through the log today will finish it up tomorrow. It is a superwich terra45. And so far I like it. Had it set up to a external car battery fully charged. But it drained it really quick so just ended up hooking together two sets of jumper cables straight form the truck battery. Worked like a charm. Oh and yes all that rot got cut out of the part that was milled.20150311_145432.jpg 20150311_160247.jpg 20150311_170604.jpg

Pretty! I'm envious of the hardwoods. And the road access with a winch... I get my trees far from roads and pull them to the beach, so it's a Griphoist by hand for me. A bit slow, but can pull some big stuff out.

Happy milling!

That wood really looks nice, its good to see the inside of different species around the globe. Thanks for sharing. l think leaving the truck idle while winching is better as winches like to chew power fast. Are you using the milled lumber for anything special?

there may be a dining room table in the future for this log. always wanted a table that was one solid grain and this bad boy at its widest point was 38 inches . but money always talks. I have a local cabinetmaker who will pretty much by all the dried lumber I have. I'm cutting 2 inch slabs out of this so it may take a couple years to dry.

Nice. A good winch makes a big difference in what you can bring home. That crotch is beautiful. It is always tough to sell a piece like that, when you're thinking about what you could do with it, but it sounds like you have plenty of time to think about it.

know what you mean brother. Its weird but I feel like a hoarder For some reason always have a hard time selling it and when It does sell I feel a emptiness inside. lol.

Latest posts

Back