Finally... It's That Time of Year Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge&wedge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well boys, it's that time of year again. Got my stove fired up and cleaned out last night, set to deliver my last load of firewood tomorrow after work, got my bow tuned up and slinging arrows where I want 'em to go, chains are all sharpened, and my winter's worth of wood is moved into the barn. The next couple weeks mark the beginning of my favorite time of year.

Who else is ready for that DEER KILLIN', WOOD CUTTIN', BONFIRE BURNIN', BEER DRINKIN', WHISKEY SIPPIN' TIME OF THE YEAR?!?!?!?!?!!?? :rock::chainsaw::chop::dancing::happybanana::cheers::crazy2::guitar::rock2:

If I did 10 months of October/November my shoulder would blow out on me from all the arrows I'd be slinging at panicked does and rutting bucks. Got my food plot doctored up for the fall/winter this past weekend, now I'm just standing guard over it in the evenings knocking down doves that are trying to sneak in and eat my seed. I've killed 13 doves this week already, and they all tasted great. Glad to see some others are as pumped as I am.

Well boys, it's that time of year again. Got my stove fired up and cleaned out last night, set to deliver my last load of firewood tomorrow after work, got my bow tuned up and slinging arrows where I want 'em to go, chains are all sharpened, and my winter's worth of wood is moved into the barn. The next couple weeks mark the beginning of my favorite time of year.

Who else is ready for that DEER KILLIN', WOOD CUTTIN', BONFIRE BURNIN', BEER DRINKIN', WHISKEY SIPPIN' TIME OF THE YEAR?!?!?!?!?!!?? :rock::chainsaw::chop::dancing::happybanana::cheers::crazy2::guitar::rock2:
Count me in:drinking:. I resemble that whole statement :yes:.:givebeer:

I love fall as well, it's always been my favorite time of year. I married my wife in October and my daugter was also born in October. Only problem I have is that the temps are back up around 80 here the last couple days. I am kinda done with the warm weather for the year.

Its a toss up.. every season has its benefits. A much as I hate snow, I love ice fishing (lake superior whitefish). As much as I hate road construction, I love riding my motorcycle. As much as I hate raking leaves, I love venison and pumpkin pie! As much as I hate mud ruts in the driveway and melting snow, I love not having to use my snow plow... Its an endless cycle!

My annual walleye fishing canoe trip is one of the highlights of my year. Otherwise I wouldn't need summer either.
I just took a trip to leech lake about a week ago, the weather was lousy and it was hard to do any fishing, I had a trip to Mille Lacs a couple years ago that we were there 3 days and couldn't fish at all due to the wind, that has kind of turned me off to fishing in the summer. That and the fact I have way less free time in the summer. Never had weather so bad I couldn't get on the lake in the winter.

Wind can really be a ***** sometimes.
Thats what these are for.
images

YEE HAW:happybanana:

Any of you guys from up North ever been to lake Plantagenet near Bemidji, MN? We used to make a trip up there every summer for walleye and perch. Ended up finding a sizeable population of several other fish while we were there: white crappie, black crappie, bluegill/bream, largemouth bass, and what we call warmouth (aka rock bass or goggle-eyes). I caught my one and only muskie up there.

If you've been or are going to be there, I can try to tell you my secret spots...

I love the weather, the leaves, the bright blue skies but outside of a load here or there, I start my firewood deliveries this weekend and it eats up all of my weekends until early December. Can't complain about the money though.

Latest posts

Back