Finally made a rack to hold the saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93Dakman!

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Finally, after sitting on the concrete floor gathering dust from that table saw and tripping over them for months, I've made a rack to hold the kids. It will hold 48 saws, chains/bars on one end and that one line trimmer on the other. Most of the saws hanging are good runners and just need cleaned, the saws on the floor are pretty much parts only. They will be hanging on the back side tomorrow, I ran out of the rope to loop through the handles. This looked like a better option than building shelving to place them on. Where a lot of larger saws with bars take up a lot of space on a shelf.

e9cd2e816657b8646a7ef20cba13199f.jpg

Attachments

• 20161228_225932.jpg
    20161228_225932.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 232
Very cool. Couple suggestions. Run a cable and lock through all the handles to keep them from growing legs. Drape visqueen over top to keep em pretty.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Finally, after sitting on the concrete floor gathering dust from that table saw and tripping over them for months, I've made a rack to hold the kids. It will hold 48 saws, chains/bars on one end and that one line trimmer on the other. Most of the saws hanging are good runners and just need cleaned, the saws on the floor are pretty much parts only. They will be hanging on the back side tomorrow, I ran out of the rope to loop through the handles. This looked like a better option than building shelving to place them on. Where a lot of larger saws with bars take up a lot of space on a shelf.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5864cbb03e33a/20161228_225932.jpg?
Excellent!
+1 on the cable lock.....
hooked up to 110volts too, with a tweaker sized rat trap with a crack pipe hooked to the trip mechanism.
I like the pontoon boat seats. You have some of the makings of a real nice "man cave" there.
A big TV and a couple of neon beer signs are in order.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5864cbb03e33a/20161228_225932.jpg?

Love that saw rack!
I was thinking of building something similar only with metal hooks.

Very nice idea! But judging by the what's on the floor, the back will be filled also! LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the idea of the wire rope through the handles, especially since you can see all of this through the window. I probably wont go with the tweaker sized rat trap though; I bought my self a SS New Vaquero in 357 for Christmas this year, hopefully it will take care of all of the METHodists that come snoopin' around here.

I originally wanted to buy these:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1105...w.ebay.com/ulk/itm/162201875882&sojTags=bu=bu
but didnt want the saws to be hanging sideways. I wanted the top covers pointing outwards. Plus the cost of those 48 hooks more than doubled the price of this project. ALSO the afterlife of this rack is to be used for holding lumber and plywood after my pole barn is finished.

Those seats came out of my Checkmate Persuader, the previous owner let it sit outside without a cover on and all of the interior was trashed. I got a very good deal on the boat because of this. Those captains chairs set up on that inclined base are about as comfortable as it gets outside of a LazyBoy!!

Hopefully by spring everything will be out of here in a pole barn and i can start drywall and tile. Any suggestions to hanging drywall on cement block? Furring strips is all i can think of

I also have milk crates full of mid resto projects (031av, 056 and a rough 076) that I need to learn how to strip the factory enamel without hurting the aluminum. And a stihl 011 that I can't seem to be at the right place at the right time to get a complete replacement oil pump for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice rack! As for the drywall...don't forget some draped plastic before the drywall for the moisture problem that will come in the future.

Nice design. It is more compact than mine and looks to be easier to just grab a saw and go. I don't have near as many saws and have run out of room. I am trying to cut back a little.

Ron

Lower rack:
View attachment 546823

Upper shelves:
View attachment 546824
Nice Ron. Do have the CB handle "Big Mac"?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Dang! I had to see this thread right after Christmas...now I'll have to wait 361 more days for Mr. Kringle to bring me a rack like these. You guys are awesome! I hope my collection looks like that one of these days!

Latest posts

Back