Finally made a rack to hold the saws...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Ron. Do have the CB handle "Big Mac"?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks. Not sure of your question. I do have a NOS chain brake for the 125 as well as the extended ear. I don't remember if I have the wide handle or not, but I think I do. I am hanging on to them for now. I understand that most were trashed.

If that wasn't your question, then ask again.

Ron

In only have the 2 saws, but come spring time, I will make something similar to this.

66718391a0060179b632c5389d7e2444.jpg

We have a similar tree for saws that are repaired and waiting pickup.

Good job.
Does your rope have a hanging hook or what for the handles to hang on ???

Finally got tired of digging thru piles and stumbling over chainsaws and their tools, gas and oil jugs. (ever notice that no matter where you place something on the floor it's always eventually in your way and has to be moved)

Had lots of storage space to work with so I finally built 4 shelves about 24 inches wide and 8 ft long (particle board and 2x4's) and took some of the big plastic lids with about 1 inch lip on the sides (from molasses cattle feed containers) and lined the shelves so as to catch oil and sawdust from any oil leaker saws that are not in a storage case. I can come in from the woods and just throw the saws on a shelf and if a plastic lid eventually get real oily or dirty I can just take the lid out and clean the lid. The shelves and floor remains clean. Seems any chainsaw is eventually going to start leaking out bar oil intermittently when you least expect such. My saws gas/oil and other containers and stuff is in a galvanized tub on the floor below the shelves with handles on the sides and the tub will catch any accident container spillage and is easily loaded to go to the woods and nothing tips over in route.

Thanks. Not sure of your question. I do have a NOS chain brake for the 125 as well as the extended ear. I don't remember if I have the wide handle or not, but I think I do. I am hanging on to them for now. I understand that most were trashed.

If that wasn't your question, then ask again.

Ron
Just looking at your nice Mac collection

Just looking at your nice Mac collection

I get it now. Have not heard that lingo in years. Nope, never adopted a handle ... and around here my collection is small among the real McCulloch collectors.

Hows that Mac 125 perform with the GEM muffler??

Actually the weakest of my 125s but it gets the job done. I have a photo somewhere with GEM branded in mirror image in a pair of chaps - hot muffler hit me in the leg as I was carrying the saw back to the truck. Wouldn't stick out so far on an early 123cc.

Ron

Nice design. It is more compact than mine and looks to be easier to just grab a saw and go. I don't have near as many saws and have run out of room. I am trying to cut back a little.

Ron

Lower rack:
View attachment 546823

Upper shelves:
View attachment 546824

I've got 4 or 5 good running clean Mac's that I still use ever once in awhile when I get into a big downed log. Mostly just run them to keep keep the carb active. They are the 1-43, 1-53 types. I can just sit them on top of the log and pull the trigger and their own weight chews thru.
Got more of them than I really need.

I'm

*Is that a T62-14 Target Quickie?
and a Homey chop saw -on the floor far right?

Don't recall the Target model, but it is based on the Pioneer P-60 saw. The Homelite is an XL-98. I also have a MP-88 in a box somewhere that Low Volt picked up for me.

Back