Finaly started getting wood from a FEMA dump site today.Pics included.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Today is hot and humid but the haze kept the sun off us so it was bearable.
This pic shows a friend of mine using a piece of equipment that's left on the site.He just happened to have a key and apparently they all use the same key.It was cool because he happened to know somebody that works for the company that is working the site.
0904111019.jpg

Two hours of work and the trailer is loaded.That sucker was heavy and when we were done the sun came through so that was it for the day.I hope the wood doesn't get chipped any time soon because its close and there's more wood than I know what to do with.
0904111117.jpg

I bet that excavator made moving that stuff alot easier!! I would pick it up over the trailer and cut into rounds! A bar would last alot longer if they never even get close to work!! Plus alot less work moving wood!! lookes like you can have all the wood you could need for a few years then some.

The hits keep on coming!

Man, a lot of you guys are really raking in the good scores lately!

Can you determine species on all your snagged logs?

There was oak/maple/pine and poplar that we identified.I think that's how poplar is spelled.We took the oak and some maple but mostly oak.We started out climbing the pile to get cutting what was easy to get but the pines are just huge and happened to be on the top of the oak.We were going to yank the oak from the pile with a chain and my friend got the good idea to use the machine because he had his work keys with him.Glad because it made it so much easier.My brother has been chipping away at the piles on his way home from work and when I showed him pics of the machine we used all the sudden he wants to start pulling the dump trl with his truck but last night he said no way.Whats up with that?Brothers you got to love them.

What a Score

What a score!!! I'm happy for you because I believe you'll be having a good time bucking and splitting for quite a while.

Nosmo

Nice score, glad to see some good to come out of all the mess out there. Keep the pics comeing

Latest posts

Back