Finding Logs???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arboles

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Lucas Mill and need some help locating logs. I have a tree service but there's not enough business this winter to supply my needs. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I've cut down trees with nails, barbed wire, staples, hooks, pipe inside, get a metal detector.

clearance, i found a brick in the center of a tree a few months ago.

put an add in the newspaper or contact your nearest log broker,you can also try contacting some construction companies usually when they are developing trees for them are a headache got lots of trees here but i am very far away

Locate your local sawmills. I had these logs given to me and this is only about one of 30 loads I'll bring home. They hit a nail in them at the mill and piled them up to burn. I himhawed around a few days with the owner and he told me he would load them for me and give them to me if I would haul them. NO PROBLEM!
I've gotten 7 ricks so far and haven't even gotten half the load bucked up.
I can see the nails where they have been hit by the circlesaw blade and I just cut down beside them. What a life! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smile

Latest posts

Back