Finished stacking and measured.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Kids and I finished stacking up the last bit of that oak that I got. After we got done stacking I got the 100' tape out to see exactly how much I have. The results.

Just over 120' long!

120' x 5.5' tall x 1.5' (18") equals 990 x 2 rows equals 1980 / 128
Grand total of 15.46 cords.

I think I'm good to go fer a while now!

Great looking stack!

262875d1353266141-imag0471-jpg

Oh I was all proud of the couple cords I processed and stacked this fall till I stumbled in here. -I'm not even in the game compared to this, WOW!

That's awesome, I wish I had that much put up.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll be cold this winter. Me? I ain't sayin' nuthin'. ;o)

120 ft in a single row. Props for having it not fall down. But you still need more, more, more, more, more, plus some more.

120 ft in a single row. Props for having it not fall down. But you still need more, more, more, more, more, plus some more.

I know right! My new splitter is begging me to run wood through it. I told my wife I had 15.5 cord out there and she asked "do you think that's enough!". I said maybe. She knows I'll still cut more. LOL.

Oh I was all proud of the couple cords I processed and stacked this fall till I stumbled in here. -I'm not even in the game compared to this, WOW!

That's awesome, I wish I had that much put up.

Just keep chipping away at it man! Cut and stack more than ya burn! Do that year round when ya can, you'll get ahead, develop a nice cushion for your own needs, plus maybe have some for sale or barter or helping out folks down the line.

I know right! My new splitter is begging me to run wood through it. I told my wife I had 15.5 cord out there and she asked "do you think that's enough!". I said maybe. She knows I'll still cut more. LOL.

Just move one decimal point...what would 155 cords be worth in your area? Run that figure by the boss, see what she says then about CAD and FAD hobbies.......

Just move one decimal point...what would 155 cords be worth in your area? Run that figure by the boss, see what she says then about CAD and FAD hobbies.......
So lets just round up to 16 cords in your stacks, since you will prob be there in the next week or so. At 180, which is what I sell for, you got about $2900 in wood there.

Now 155 cords would be $27900.

It probably pays less than your day job, but most hobbies don't pay you anything.

Nice job.

Dan

Back