finishing Barn Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPA

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Here is the pictures of my barn project:
It all starts with about 12000 BF of logs from a public service line clearing.
Part of the 8000 BF lumber off the LM 2000

DSCN0383.jpg

More dimension stock:
DSCN0384.jpg

Moving the stock to the barn site:
DSCN0390.jpg

Starting the Frame:
DSCN0594.jpg

Rafters complete
DSCN1043.jpg

Me putting on the last roof pc. :
DSCN1079.jpg

Front view
DSCN1086.jpg

I hope you liked the pics /// JP

Very nice, thanks for showing us that... I love to see projects from scratch to finish in a series of pics. Did you have help framing that or did you do this pretty much solo? When I built my garage I had help from my better half once in a while, but she weighs less than a couple sheets of 3/4 ply. Was slow going because had to figure out ways of doing things solo that would have been piece of cake with couple guys helping. Can't beat the satisfaction factor though.

Again, great pics.

Nice barn project. I have a barn kit milled up, all stickered and waiting for me to have some free time to get it started. I like the way you done the whole project.

Sweet!

Did you build from a purchased design or design you self?

Great job love the pic's thanks for posting...

Mark

Outstanding work EPA! Great looking garage/barn. Really has to feel great seeing that come too life. :cheers:

Good job EPA, those Lumbermates are amazing machines!!

What kind of doors will go on it???

Rob

Looks very nice. :clap:

There was a guy on here a year or so ago who milled up the lumber to make a decent sized wood shed. If I remember correctly, he milled it out of poplar trees and treated it once it was assembled with a 50/50 mix if diesel fuel and drain oil. Talk about being pretty much free...

Nice Job! That girdered loft looks strong.I bet it helped putting on those rafters and ridge board.That's hard work building a barn that high.I just got done doing a 24x40 with 14 foot walls mostly by myself.I did have a friend help with the roof though. Mark

The Design was by the owners Son in law: Framing was done mostly in 2 days with 3-4 off and on help ///Siding, Rafters, purlins, roof by Owner and 2 of us.
Your correct about the height--15' side walls makes it nose bleed country up there for an old fart like me // I was VERY happy when I got that last pc of roof up //EPA

Latest posts

Back