fir is golden

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally found some time to get wood. No advertising this year and I'm saleing it faster then I can cut. Been doing 2-3 cords a weekend for the last 3 weeks. This wood is bybassing my place and being dropped at the customers. Just now took a two cord order that I don't have. Ill have to scrounge it up this weekend while everyone's laying.

I'm looking to brake my 15 cord record if it keeps going like this.

How are the rest of you wood peddlers doing.

That's great Evan!! It's nice to see a little side business like that do well!!:msp_thumbsup:

If you don't mind me asking, what does fir firewood sell for down your way???

The wood cutters around here are giving it away in my opinion.....They can't be making anything on it.:bang:

Evan, Firewood seems big in Idaho this year. Couple of guys I know that do 50-100 cord a year on the side are doing double that for the best prices they've ever gotten. Salesman at two woodstove dealers have told me that they are selling lots of stoves to people converting away from propane, NG, and electric.

I've been getting a lot of hardwood from tree service companies, but I don't plan to sell much if any of that. Dad will probably burn most of what I have, he needs big fires that burn a long time to keep his place warm overnight.

Mr. HE:cool:

This is my 3rd year selling firewood. I have managed to double my sales every year so far. We have been steadily raising the price too. We get $85 face cord $220 a full cord of mixed hardwoods.

M

well i am in southwest oklahoma and have been selling more wood than i can cut alone. I have hired two high school kids to work during the evenings to split for me. Dont trust them with a saw yet. We have had major ice storms for the last few years and the electricty has been out alot so alot of people want to be prepared!! I am happy about it. I also got my first commercial account about a month ago and they bought all of my seasoned wood for asking delivered price and the come and get i just have to load. 4 cords a week for the next 20 weeks! sold!! I am loving the firewood business!! Even the heat doesnt seem as bad when you know that you are making money!! 108 today and i just split a cord.

I've been selling quite a bit this year, am about done for the year, now it's time to tag along and help Friends and Fam. getting their firewood for the winter

Latest posts

Back