Fire Chief 700 Install Advise??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padgett152

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about using my Fire Chief's blower to circulate the hot air it produces and duct it into my existing LP's furnace plenum. However, someone mentioned an alternative method in which the heat from the Fire Chief gets ducted into the LP furnace's return air plenum. This method would use the blower on the LP furnace but not the blower on the Fire Chief. Can anyone advise me which method works best??? It's starting to get cold in Ohio and I can;t wait to have this thing heating my home:rock:

Even though some might duct the heat from the wood furnace into the return of the central furnace, I wouldn't do it. It's not safe, and could damage the central furnace. The original install of running the heated air from the woodfurnace into the plenum of the central furnace is a parallel install. That's fine, just make sure you use backdraft dampers to isolate the woodfurnace to keep things from back feeding.

We've had multiple fires this year, most in the a.m but last night we had a fire before bed. This time of the year only requires a few splits for overnight, with enough coals for the a.m. Keeps the chill off in the home and the wife happy! Good luck with your install, you'll enjoy the heat that's for sure.

I agree with Laynes. make you a hot air plenum, duct the air straight to the main floor of the house, and enjoy the heat!

where'd you get the stove from?

Do not use the return on the furnace, There is a reason the fans always mount in the return.The heat will kill your motor in no time. Why not duct it like an add on?

I agree with Laynes. make you a hot air plenum, duct the air straight to the main floor of the house, and enjoy the heat!

where'd you get the stove from?

I bought it in Columbus from a guy that was heating a 6500 sf garage. He said it kept it 67 degrees even on the coldest days. I will be heating half of that space. I paid $1200 bucks!! Awesome deal. He said he had to get rid of it because the fire dept. was tired of complaints from the gay bar next door, whose patrons could'nt handle the smoke smell. This is one occasion I'm glad there are fags, LOL... BTW, I live in southeastern Ohio.

Latest posts

Back