Fired her up today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The smell of wood smoke briefly covered my property tonight as I woke up the Woodmaster from her summer slumber.

I guess its pretty bad when you are hoping for cold weather so you can hunt, cut wood and burn after hoping for heat all summer:clap:

The smell of wood smoke briefly covered my property tonight as I woke up the Woodmaster from her summer slumber.

I guess its pretty bad when you are hoping for cold weather so you can hunt, cut wood and burn after hoping for heat all summer:clap:

lol it will be here soon enough

Mine is still on the truck today, forecast here in Tennessee is for 45 tuesday night. Wife is always cold (temperature wise , guys) so I better get' er going Monday night (the stove, guys).......Lanny

You arent that far north of me...I'm holding out for a bit.

Im holding out for a bit to!!!! The wife has already been bugging me also.

Especially after our ride this evening out looking for deer we drove by 3 OWB's rolling already.

Last edited:
In my town there are regulations so I can't start our hawken boiler till October 1. Tonight I started the pellet stove caz it's getting cold out hopefully that means fire wood sales will pick up even more.

I am gonna try and hold out until Nov 8th when I get back from North Dakota. My friend has had his Shaver going for a couple weeks now....

Chris

We fired up our woodstove for the season this morning too. Dipped into the 20's last night. I was hoping to wait at least until OCt 1. At least I have an ample supply :)

jeez, thats crazy to me, we are still in the 70s. i want to wait as long as i can, we just now start cutting wood for the winter around here.

I know the feeling. I'm looking forward to firing up the old Timberline smokedragon. Was 87 deg. here just two days ago, but next week lows forecasted in the 40's.

After a few weeks of burning, I'll be bored enough to let the wife stoke it. :)

Lit up fire #1 last night myself. Was in the 30's friday night and there wasn't much sun yesterday. This morning it is 48 degrees with light rain, so I'll keep it going on a low burn today. I'll burn some small pieces of ash and some odd sized chunks. The season has arrived, eh? :cheers:

It was about 37-39F here today so I used that as an excuse to make a fire when I got home from work.

I sure did miss the smell and feel of wood heat!

:cheers:

Ran a couple chunks of sassafrass last night, and am watching some Walnut(That junk wood everyone hates) burn right now.

It's about 50 out, and the dadgum wind is whipping off the lake in 40mph. Gusts so the draft is a hoot to watch. I wanted to hold off untill mid october.:cry:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I started mine up for the second time today, the wind and damp air made it feel colder than what the thermometer said. Only took 45 minutes to bring up to temperature burning white pine.

Kyle

Haven't had to worry about heating at home yet. We have been having a bit of an indian summer here this year. Last weekend, the wife and I went to her aunt's cabin at a mountain lake about 3 hours from here. It was below freezing at night so that meant it was time to light the fire. We were toasty warm all weekend!

We got to use the cabin for free, but I suspect her aunt had ulterior motives. We arrived to find a large pile of logs sitting in the driveway. I made sure to throw my saw/gas/oil/safety gear in the truck before heading up. Turns out I needed it. I cut and split about 2 cords over the weekend. At least it was relaxing.

I guess I figured it was a set-up when I walked in the front door and found a brand new splitting maul sitting there waiting for me.:)

Anyways, it's a good thing I enjoy this kind of work. Couldn't complain about getting the cabin for free either:greenchainsaw:

Back