Fired up the Woodbug!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yes it's been about two years since I have sawed any lumber. I finally got the woodbug dug out, husky sharpened up and squared up some locust. My project was to find some straight timber for some 5x6 15 foot rafters. My straight locust trees were mostly big enough. I left a litttle bark on a couple but the project dosn't call for eye candy! I haven't posted in a while either so I hope the photo comes out! Happy milling!! The Hoosier

The first couple passes were hard but after getting the rakers tuned back to the woodbug spec it pulled the saw out of my hand. It felt good to know I can sharpen the chain by hand again to make it cutt as it should! I'm not sure about being black locust (no dark core) but it is some kind of locust.

The first couple passes were hard but after getting the rakers tuned back to the woodbug spec it pulled the saw out of my hand.
What is this Woodbug raker spec ?

attachment.php

Skip tooth format 15degree and 25 degree with a dime thickness drop for the raker. I bought ripping chain this time and way disappointed, I will go back to standard skip tooth and file it to the above spec. The half cutter design on the ripping chain doesn't cutt with the same velocity (in my opinion). The Hoosier

Latest posts

Back