firewood delivery ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had to make a firewood delivery the other day where the wood had to go down about a dozen stairs (flagstone) I was wondering if you guys have any hints for the next time on how to make better time on it? We wound up throwing the wood piece by piece, but I think that might not have been the best idea.

I saw a pretty ingenious log dolly a local treeman fabricated a few months back. This guy is around 50 and was working across the street from us on a couple removals, a trim job and a cabling job. Very respectable work but he did it all on his own. No ground help whatsoever. Kind of strange. Anyway, he had fabricated a log dolly that actually layed over with the two rails being horizontal and had another set of wheels to add once it was layed over. He could use it as a dolly or lay it over and carry firewood with it. Really neat and had an awesome center of gravity. One person could move a huge chunk of wood with that thing and move a lot of firewood as well.

If I have to do any more than press the dump button on my truck, its $50 more per cord. If they complain, I ask what they would charge to lift nearly 2 tons! I have done a lot of freebies for invalids and elderly (and hot chicks:) )

Unfortunatly there is no good way besides 2 guys and throwing wood. And unfortunatley around here, if you dont cater to customers you wont sell much wood

You don't need 2 guys and you don't have to throw wood with dollies like I have. Stacking the wood for people sucks. But I'll do it when I'm getting $300-$330 a cord

Scottt

You don't need 2 guys and you don't have to throw wood with dollies like I have. Stacking the wood for people sucks. But I'll do it when I'm getting $300-$330 a cord

Scottt

300-330 a CORD!!!!!:cheers:

It's almost worth hauling it down there to your neck of the woods for that!
The guys around here are getting $130 bucks dumped.

Heck yes I'd stack it for 'em too!!

Keep at it. You're doin' sumthin' very right!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last year I sold too cheap and sold out in Nov. This year I got 250$ cord delivered and dumped and sold it all but just ran out last week.

One lady calls and says she got a load of green wood and would I sell her a cord as I was recommended. I told her 250 and she wined but said ok then I told her dumped and she wined but said ok. I said I would call her first as I found out that she made first guy wheelbarrow entire cord all around big house and then he had to barrow it back around house as she demanded her money back.

Well I called her and said I would come in the morning and drop off a hand basket log carrier with some of my wood and kindling and I want her to try it out before delivery (momma raised us ugly, but not stupid)....she says "I trust you, bring it". I then said I will be right over and dump it and make the check out. She says you aren't gonna take all the way around the house like they did and stack it for that much money..............

Sale over.

Last year I sold too cheap and sold out in Nov. This year I got 250$ cord delivered and dumped and sold it all but just ran out last week.

One lady calls and says she got a load of green wood and would I sell her a cord as I was recommended. I told her 250 and she wined but said ok then I told her dumped and she wined but said ok. I said I would call her first as I found out that she made first guy wheelbarrow entire cord all around big house and then he had to barrow it back around house as she demanded her money back.

Well I called her and said I would come in the morning and drop off a hand basket log carrier with some of my wood and kindling and I want her to try it out before delivery (momma raised us ugly, but not stupid)....she says "I trust you, bring it". I then said I will be right over and dump it and make the check out. She says you aren't gonna take all the way around the house like they did and stack it for that much money..............

Sale over.

I would have ended the sale too. Nit picky customers are not needed. Unless of course, they want to pay BIG money.

I will deliver and stack when I sell my wood but I will not stack if I cant back my truck to where they want it to be stacked. Then it goes to a nice looking lil pile for them to carry down stairs and in their house.

What you should have said was.... Um Nope cant do the stairs!

i do not stack.

if i do it costs a lot more.wood doesn't cost enough to justify the work it takes to process.i do it for something to do and i get a lot of tree work from firewood customers.

if i had to stack,i'd find something else to do for a living.

I stack. With a Prentiss grappler taking tree length off the truck. Beyond that when it was cut/split it was always a dump truck and that was it. I had a list of school kids (my nephews) who would earn clothes/whatever money stacking for folks.

STL those are cool looking dollys you got! Might fab me one up for myself.

Last edited:
I have to go and collect tomorrow... $450 for the cord. It was murder though, and I hope the guy doesn't complain... I mean we kind of tore up one of his gardens a little bit... just a bit of pacysandra. Nothing of high value that won't come back.

Latest posts

Back