Firewood elves deliver!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just want to share a couple pictures of today's firewood score. Saw a loaded
truck idling near a Dunkin Donuts loaded with fresh cut cherry...
"hello do you need a place to drop that wood or is it spoken for?"

As you can see it wasn't and ended up on my uncle's lot. After my uncle
handed him a few bucks and bottle of homemade wine three more loads
followed! Super nice operator who promised even more!

We do love hunting wood with the pickup but this was to good to pass up.
Saved myself a bit of lifting and unloading and the sore muscles that follow
when you're north of 50...;)

All told, three loads of oak and one of cherry, perhaps six cords of wood total.

Cheers all + happy hunting!

Attachments

• image(48).jpg
    image(48).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 279
  • image(49).jpg
    image(49).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 286
  • image(50).jpg
    image(50).jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 238
Thanks,

I know how we all love the sight of a fully loaded truck. I'm always asking if the wood
needs a home. Today it did! Real nice kid running it as well, very skilled with the claw.
Can't wait to put the saws to work on those logs!

I followed a tri-axle log truck through my town on the way home from work just last week. I was bobbing and weaving trying to see the print on the side I could not help myself. I would of followed him further but my wife would of killed me as I still have logs to cut/split from the first tri-axle delivery from late spring.

I live in Hamden Dave.

Update on wood: MORE oak today! I know, 'pictures or it didn't happen' so I will try to
snap a few later today. My cousin called and said it was happening, so I will tend to believe it.

Lot's of Connecticut AS members, hope to meet some at a gtg one of these days.

I live in Hamden Dave.

Update on wood: MORE oak today! I know, 'pictures or it didn't happen' so I will try to
snap a few later today. My cousin called and said it was happening, so I will tend to believe it.

Lot's of Connecticut AS members, hope to meet some at a gtg one of these days.
Must be great homemade wine. Hey, if it works!

Oak Oak and More Oak, you eastern guys and gals are getting on my nerves. To be fair it has been 2 loads Silver maple. 1 Sugar maple,1 Red or Noway Maple, 1 Mulberry. The last Silver has a couple chunks 3ft X 48" dia. Get play in some big wood with either the 075 or 084, little too big to set on the splitter.maple.jpg

Back