Firewood Estimation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mesquite is very common out here, Burns very hot. You guys pretty much put into perspective for me I thank you.
No buy
Mesquite used to run $250 a cord around here, now they want $600.00
Hickory, went from $250 up to $900.00 a cord.
Who in there rite mind would or even could pay that?
Pecan runs $275.00
Mixed oak $225.00
Red or Post oak run $250.0/275.00
Any higher and no one calls or buys.
To many illegals selling the free wood they get from tree jobs for next to nothing.
I see some oak going for $175.00/150.00 around here. (of course its green wood) but people don't realize that till its too late.
Then they come see me. Once the see my wood lot and quality of wood and that it's seasoned, They gladly pay 250 for premium seasoned firewood. (but rarely more then 250.00)
And firewood is only 25% the rest is BBQ wood.
My scrap junk wood (knots, forks that don't split well) and just what ever doesn't make firewood or BBQ wood grade get thrown in the camp wood pile.
I sell that cheap at $50/75 a pickup truck load thrown in.
My camp pile is always empty.
Hey! It's trash wood I would have to pay to haul off anyway.
Funny how people will buy your trash.

wood.jpeg
Mesquite used to run $250 a cord around here, now they want $600.00
Hickory, went from $250 up to $900.00 a cord.
Who in there rite mind would or even could pay that?
Pecan runs $275.00
Mixed oak $225.00
Red or Post oak run $250.0/275.00
Any higher and no one calls or buys.
To many illegals selling the free wood they get from tree jobs for next to nothing.
I see some oak going for $175.00/150.00 around here. (of course its green wood) but people don't realize that till its too late.
Then they come see me. Once the see my wood lot and quality of wood and that it's seasoned, They gladly pay 250 for premium seasoned firewood. (but rarely more then 250.00)
And firewood is only 25% the rest is BBQ wood.
My scrap junk wood (knots, forks that don't split well) and just what ever doesn't make firewood or BBQ wood grade get thrown in the camp wood pile.
I sell that cheap at $50/75 a pickup truck load thrown in.
My camp pile is always empty.
Hey! It's trash wood I would have to pay to haul off anyway.
Funny how people will buy your trash.

This was the free mesquite I got 22" rounds turned out to be 3/4 cord from a mexican tree service.. About twice what is pictured

Latest posts

Back