Firewood Perishability Chart?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of spraying a woodpile for termites, etc...what is the best stuff a HO can use off-the-rack?

If you have a rack you can put boric acid powder around the legs. In some new construction around here they spray boric acid powder at the base of framing as an insect barrier. Termites need a source of water so if the wood is kept dry and a source of water is not available they can not survive, same goes for wood grubs. In Hawaii they are required to place a sand barrier around new wooden structures as the termites can not maintain tunnels through the sand so they can not maintain the infestation in the wood. Look for mud tunnels and spray/destroy these; orange oil is a safer option if you are worried about other pesticides.

I have some 2000# per shelf steel racking that I bought from a Home Depot that closed, I just wish I had purchased more. If you see a big chain hardware store closing grab up some cheap strong racking. There is a Home Depot closing in San Rafael, CA if any body is in the bay area.

Latest posts

Back