Firewood Processors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
wdchuck

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Multitek is fine machine.

It will keep an operator, and one other to: load, return large splits, run the dump truck to/fro, very busy. Bitter cold will prohibit bar lubrication.

Seems to be expensive for the ouput, but made in WI.

From the computer, it would make more sense to run a good splitter with adjustible 4way, conveyor, log lift, or a processor that has optional controls on the log loading side so one diligent person can operate it if desired. I use a Speeco at home, operate a full production machine at night, and feel something in between would be just right.

The machine I operate will be for sale in the near future, the owner has his sights set on a Timberwolf for some reason.

I don't know where you are in MN, but if you get bored some day, come on down and we'll run some logs through.

Last edited:
thejdman04

thejdman04

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ive never seen one run, but from my research, the cord king looks to be the best out there, durability and your running a big circular blade not a chainsaw. Wd chuck, if yours comes up for sale please pm me, I am maybe pretty interested in it. Before you buy one run the numbers of cost/return. I have the numbers written down, really close to real life, pm me if you want. You can make money, but its not as glorious as you imagine.

Last edited:
Ohiowoodguy

Ohiowoodguy

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for your concise evaluations. Can you elaborate on them any?

Philbert

TW good machines for the price- not huge, not incredible output, but well-made and reliable.

I've heard 2 guys complaining about Woodbine's poor design and lack of service.

You see a lot of relatively new Chompers for sale- wonder why?

Multitek and Cordking can't be beat for production, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

(Yeah, I've got a TW6 with 3000+ hours on it)

Moss Man

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have the Hakke Pilke 1x37 Easy Firewood Processor, pm me if you'd like to ask questions. I have put 60 cords through it with no issues. Just bought a log deck for it last week, can't wait to try in in the spring.

I'd post a link to their site, but I don't want to get in trouble.

redprospector

redprospector

Addicted to ArboristSite
TW good machines for the price- not huge, not incredible output, but well-made and reliable.

I've heard 2 guys complaining about Woodbine's poor design and lack of service.

You see a lot of relatively new Chompers for sale- wonder why?

Multitek and Cordking can't be beat for production, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

(Yeah, I've got a TW6 with 3000+ hours on it)

Hmmm. Good question. I see a lot of relatively new Stihl chainsaw's for sale too. I wonder why?
The answer is probably similar to the reason you see a lot of band saw mill's for sale. People buy them with unreal expectations, or ilusions of grandure, and find out that they are just a lot of work for a little profit. The thing you have to remember about wood (in any form), is the less times you handle it, the less money you'll lose.:laugh:
If you want to produce a lot of firewood in a short time then the Cord King would be the answer. But be prepared to pay for it.
If you want to produce a decent amount of firewood in a decent amount of time, have the ultimate in portability, no sharpening, and low maintenance at a relatively reasonable price, then the Chomper is a good machine to concider.
If you go with a Cord King you'd better start thinking about a log truck, loader, and skidder to keep it fed.

Andy

Latest posts