Firewood Sales - Monthly Breakdown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLumberJack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is the first year I'll really be officially selling firewood.....hopefully a lot cuz we have a lot.

Curios your monthly breakdown on sales.....what are the hots months and slow months pretty much. Is this a bell shaped curve?

thanks

Around here your 2 big months will be november and december. January (if you have any left) will be fairly big. And still some not many but some in february. Your 3 biggest days where your really gonna move wood (at least my experience is the day before thanksgiving, christmas and newyears. I dont know how these holidays sneak up on people but no joke last year for each day I got probably literally 50 calls for firewood, the day before, because people wanted 1 face cord, cause the family was coming over, and they needed a fire for the holiday. Liek i said everyone called the day before they needed it expecting me to jump through hoops. Usually you wont get any sales until at least the first freeze. A. people wake up realize they need wood, b. it kills all the ants mice etc that are living in your pile. People usually dont want that stacked in their garage or anything.

that's pretty much what i figured.

our areas have similar seasons so i'll predict the same.

i'll aim to have all my prep work done by september just in case

Latest posts

Back