Firewood sales receipt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone use receipts for their firewood sales? If so, what info do you put on the receipt?
I have sold firewood to a good friend and didn't feel I needed to make out a receipt to him. But I will be selling a little to the general public and I feel that I should have a receipt made up. Something maybe like this:

Description:
(eg. 1 cord (8' long x 4' high x 4' wide stack) of split Oak firewood)

Sold to:
(name)
(address)
(phone number)

Price: $________

Delivery date: dd/mm/yyy
(or Pick-up date: )

Customer signature:________________

Any other info a guy should include?

Kevin

Kevin

If your claiming this as income you would want to include your business name and pay method.

But if your doing this in your "discretionary time" for a discretionary dollar, creating a paper trial is not something you may want.

There is an aire of professionalism with a recite, but for most people, it will just be used for kindling there first lite.

Depends were you are, wood is an agricultural product, that may fall under certain measurement guidelines, but most people just want good well seasoned wood, cut and split to work with there stove/fireplace, deliverer when you said you would be there, with a couple few extra arm-loads tossed in for good measure. If you know of a couple high-school kids that will stack there wood for tips, is also a good part of the service.

IOW: the same as about any good transaction!

Kevin

ShoerFast said:
Kevin

If your claiming this as income you would want to include your business name and pay method.

But if your doing this in your "discretionary time" for a discretionary dollar, creating a paper trial is not something you may want.

There is an aire of professionalism with a recite, but for most people, it will just be used for kindling there first lite.

Depends were you are, wood is an agricultural product, that may fall under certain measurement guidelines, but most people just want good well seasoned wood, cut and split to work with there stove/fireplace, deliverer when you said you would be there, with a couple few extra arm-loads tossed in for good measure. If you know of a couple high-school kids that will stack there wood for tips, is also a good part of the service.

IOW: the same as about any good transaction!

Kevin

I didn't think about it that way. Thank ya. I think I would fall in, as you put it, "discretionary time for a discretionary dollar". I'll only take cash for payment. I think I'll leave the receipt stuff alone.
I like cutting wood, thought I'd cut a little extra and see if someone would buy some. Turns out that there's a few folks who are interested thus far - and that's just from word of mouth. Not sure on how much I want to get into it. 2 guys already are putting in orders for wood for next year.
I've seen what one fella got for a "cord" - and it was by no means a cord, maybe half. When I delivered my full cord (with a little extra) to him, he was happy.

Kevin

when i sell firewood to new customers of most of my customers, I give them a reciept with the following:

My Company name. phone #

amount of wood sold (1/2 cord cord, 1/4 cord )

size of stack (6' x 4' etc ect etc0

customer name addy, telly number

date

payment method

--------

My one (first customer ever) regular guy, its cash, or trade wood for goods (ie a pickup load of wood for a weeks worth of homemade bread, jams and beef barley stew) works out well, i dont have to grocery shop.

Back