Firewood Seller Charged With Felony Theft By Deception

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys,
You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. (Deuteronomy 25:15)
actually the original hebrew text contained the holy Tetragrammaton, most commonly, and more accurately translated JHVH, pronounced Jehovah hence the text more accurately reads:

You should keep an accurate and honest weight and an accurate and honest measure, so that you will live long in the land that Jehovah your God is giving you.

actually the original hebrew text contained the holy Tetragrammaton, most commonly, and more accurately translated JHVH, pronounced Jehovah hence the text more accurately reads:

You should keep an accurate and honest weight and an accurate and honest measure, so that you will live long in the land that Jehovah your God is giving you.

Oh boy! A religious hijack! I'm in!!

In Hebrew, the 'J' sound is not used, and the 'V' is used (as it is in other languages) as a W. "Jehovah" is the Latinized version, invented in the 1100's or something like that. "Yahweh" is more likely the correct pronunciation.

So I ask a beer can pickup truck yesterday, "What how much is in your ricks, when you sell?" He tells me a "rick" is 1 stack, 8 feet long, but he sells buy the truck load, a "rick" aint worth hauling,,
I ask, "How much in a cord?" he says 2 "ricks" but his 1/2 ton won't haul that much!!!
I tried to explain to him a cord is 4x4x8 and should be 128 cubic feet,,,he wouldn't buy into it,,

So I ask a beer can pickup truck yesterday, "What how much is in your ricks, when you sell?" He tells me a "rick" is 1 stack, 8 feet long, but he sells buy the truck load, a "rick" aint worth hauling,,
I ask, "How much in a cord?" he says 2 "ricks" but his 1/2 ton won't haul that much!!!
I tried to explain to him a cord is 4x4x8 and should be 128 cubic feet,,,he wouldn't buy into it,,

Before I cut my own I had many a firewood seller argue with me what a cord was until I pulled out the official Idaho forest service guide to firewood and handed them a copy. It became my rule to not allow them to unload until I agreed they had brought a full cord or fraction of one.

By this standard every used car salesmen should be tried and inprisoned for life for selling a 2500 dollar car for 7 grand to unsuspecting little old ladies and college kids. .st some point .personal responsibility comes into play !We should all be aware of the extreme difference of 2 cords and 7 cords if you don't know then you have no business buying firewood . If somebody pulled into my driveway with such a small load trying to pass it off as 7 cords . they surely would be going home with it and laughed at

In Hebrew, the 'J' sound is not used, and the 'V' is used (as it is in other languages) as a W. "Jehovah" is the Latinized version, invented in the 1100's or something like that. "Yahweh" is more likely the correct pronunciation.

Amen you are correct !!!

religious?? i don't think so?? biblical hijack= yes. lol. jewish religious leaders read the verse Exodus 20:7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah (or Yahweh) your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah (or Yahweh) will not leave unpunished the one who takes up His name in a worthless way." so they stopped using the divine name all together and over the years the correct pronunciation of the divine name was forgotten.

the first translation of Gods personal name in english was in 1530 by William Tynsdale, at genesis 15:2 he used the spelling lehouah. over the years the english language changed. like in 1612 Henry Ainsworth used the form lehovah throughout the book of Psalms. then in 1693 the form Jehovah was used in the Hebrew text. then in 1911 bible scholar Joseph Bryant Rotherham said he used the form Jehovah instead of Yahweh because he wanted to employ a form of the name more familiar to the general bible reading public. so is Jehovah the more commonly known translation? most likely. But is it the most accurate? depends on who you ask. even bible scholars cant agree. A dead sea scroll containing a portion of leviticus in Greek transliterates the divine name "lao". besides that form, early Greek writers also suggest the pronunciations "lae, labe', and l-a-ou-e'. " not to mention Elohim... also the king james version, american standard version, darby bible translation, and the youngs literal translation, translate the divine name Jehovah. while the world english bible uses the translation Yahwey. the niv doesn't use any form of the divine name. simply translating the divine name to the LORD.
which ever translation you prefer, its nice to know there is a fellow bible reader out there. :)

By this standard every used car salesmen should be tried and inprisoned for life for selling a 2500 dollar car for 7 grand to unsuspecting little old ladies and college kids. .st some point .personal responsibility comes into play !We should all be aware of the extreme difference of 2 cords and 7 cords if you don't know then you have no business buying firewood . If somebody pulled into my driveway with such a small load trying to pass it off as 7 cords . they surely would be going home with it and laughed at

Except that this is blatant fraud and deals with misrepresenting a measure of an item. If a gas station set their pumps to underdeliver gas should we consider that personal responsibility to check that too? At a certain point is someone says they are selling 7 cords they should deliver 7 cords and you shouldn't have to always check everything. Yes personal responsibility comes into play, but a seller also has the responsibility to not misrepresent what they are selling and even more so when they try to misrepresent a specifically measured amount. Punishing fraud is one of the few legitimate things our government does.

if we're gonna be religious, perhaps this should go to the "other" forum?

as for face cords, it's 4 x 4 x 8....period.

a cord, however, isn't always 4 face cords, because not all wood is cut exactly or usually at 12". i cut mine any where between 16 to 20 inches, so at 18 inches, then only 3 face cords would make a shy full cord. ( i don't sell wood, i only cut for personal use, but i like to keep track of how much i have and use.) when i figure a cord of wood, i use 3 face cords because of the lengths i cut them.

so, perhaps the best way to measure a full cord of wood is by volume. no?

OOPS! i meant a face cord is 4 x 8!! my bad!

if we're gonna be religious, perhaps this should go to the "other" forum?

as for face cords, it's 4 x 4 x 8....period.

a cord, however, isn't always 4 face cords, because not all wood is cut exactly or usually at 12". i cut mine any where between 16 to 20 inches, so at 18 inches, then only 3 face cords would make a shy full cord. ( i don't sell wood, i only cut for personal use, but i like to keep track of how much i have and use.) when i figure a cord of wood, i use 3 face cords because of the lengths i cut them.

so, perhaps the best way to measure a full cord of wood is by volume. no?

Volume is what a cord measure _is_. It doesn't have to be stacked 4'x4'x8'. It can be stacked in any arrangement as long is it is 'tightly' stacked and the total volume comes to 128 cubic feet.

Most of the fake "face" cords are considered to be 4'x16"x8" thus 3 face to the cord. But since a "face cord" is not a legal measure it can be whatever the seller wants it to be.

Harry K

Something wrong with tge price of 1010 for 7cords...around my area i wouldnt sell 7 cords for less than 2100 and i would add delivery cost...firewood is just too much work and cost to make minumin wages on..go get your own firewood or turn on the electric heat if you dont like the price

In the area I live in the lawn mowers scrapers sell a pickup truck tossed in greene is a rank. To this area. People call me want me to sell them bulk firewood I don't do that then they tell me they get the shaft every year. Its people like that that hurts us honest firewood people. I got out of the bulk because of these type of wood sellers. I only sell bundled firewood.

religious?? i don't think so?? biblical hijack= yes. lol. jewish religious leaders read the verse Exodus 20:7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah (or Yahweh) your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah (or Yahweh) will not leave unpunished the one who takes up His name in a worthless way." so they stopped using the divine name all together and over the years the correct pronunciation of the divine name was forgotten.

the first translation of Gods personal name in english was in 1530 by William Tynsdale, at genesis 15:2 he used the spelling lehouah. over the years the english language changed. like in 1612 Henry Ainsworth used the form lehovah throughout the book of Psalms. then in 1693 the form Jehovah was used in the Hebrew text. then in 1911 bible scholar Joseph Bryant Rotherham said he used the form Jehovah instead of Yahweh because he wanted to employ a form of the name more familiar to the general bible reading public. so is Jehovah the more commonly known translation? most likely. But is it the most accurate? depends on who you ask. even bible scholars cant agree. A dead sea scroll containing a portion of leviticus in Greek transliterates the divine name "lao". besides that form, early Greek writers also suggest the pronunciations "lae, labe', and l-a-ou-e'. " not to mention Elohim... also the king james version, american standard version, darby bible translation, and the youngs literal translation, translate the divine name Jehovah. while the world english bible uses the translation Yahwey. the niv doesn't use any form of the divine name. simply translating the divine name to the LORD.
which ever translation you prefer, its nice to know there is a fellow bible reader out there. :)

If I may add some:
God's name ceased to be pronounced by mainstream jewish people around 2500 years ago. So, hard to tell exactly how it was spoken. Only the High Priest would utter it through ceremony until the temple was destroyed 70AC. Lesser priests started using "Adonai" - Our Lord.
The YHWH was punctuated partially AND in different ways, according to the second part of God's name attached to the YHWH...
After some time punctuation settled to be read as YeHoVaH and so became Yehowa with middle-ages era scholars, but later protestant scholars insisted it should be Yahwe, as it is the verbal form of YHWH, and also has the Yah part, God's name in many places in the bible.
Religious jews today don't pronounce the YHWH in all its forms, even not Elohim, saying EloKim instead, some not even that.
Most say HaShem - The Name - or Maker Of The World etc..

SA

I need to start buying by the rick, tell the seller my stove takes 24" , thats what I want in the rick/face cord.

P.S. just kidding NEVER brought wood but sold plenty.

Cord = 128 cu ft. Ask customer what lengths he wants and do the math for 128 cu ft, show customer math.

Say 20" cut length: 20"/12"/1' = 1.67' 128 cu ft = 4' X 1.67' X (X') solve for (X') X' = 19' 2.4" so a cord is a 20" wide pile, 4 ' high, 19'2.4" long, OR two 20" wide piles, 4 ' high, 9' 7.2" long.

Make sense?

Latest posts

Back