Firewood Trailer Up Grade Today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous but I already have 4 trailers if you count the camper. If I bought another trailer the wife would kill me! Or she would just go buy something else we don't need around here that I would end up taking care of or mowing around or both. Either way not worth it. Consider yourself lucky!

I'm jealous but I already have 4 trailers if you count the camper. If I bought another trailer the wife would kill me! Or she would just go buy something else we don't need around here that I would end up taking care of or mowing around or both. Either way not worth it. Consider yourself lucky!
Yes I am lucky. My wife loads while I cut and I load the heavier rounds. So it will really help both of us when unloading.
If it was just for firewood I would have gotten a smaller one, but we may get a mid size tractor in the future.
So now I won't have to buy another trailer if we do get a tractor.

How is the dump bed powered. I am curious because I’ve seen truck lifts burn up solenoids used to power the lift. Are the trailer hydraulics powered through the trailer connector? Is the power draw large? Connected directly to the battery with home run or plug into harness?
Thanks

How is the dump bed powered. I am curious because I’ve seen truck lifts burn up solenoids used to power the lift. Are the trailer hydraulics powered through the trailer connector? Is the power draw large? Connected directly to the battery with home run or plug into harness?
Thanks
The trailer has it's own battery and will dump un-hooked from the truck completely. I'll take a pic tomorrow and tag you.

Thanks
Here you go.
20210212_162236.jpg

You going to wonder how you did stuff before. I love my dump trailer made lots of mods to it to suit my needsView attachment 889312
Thanks Mark
It's hard for me to buy anything and not like something about it. That hasn't happened with this trailer so far.
This trailer didn't have some of the features that I had seen on other makes that I didn't like or want. One being the split tailgate. I saw that as a weak point and problems in the future.
I probably will make a lockable tool box on the tongue will be first.
I'm interested in your winch set up. What's to tonnage? How about a closer pic?
Clint

Thanks Mark
It's hard for me to buy anything and not like something about it. That hasn't happened with this trailer so far.
This trailer didn't have some of the features that I had seen on other makes that I didn't like or want. One being the split tailgate. I saw that as a weak point and problems in the future.
I probably will make a lockable tool box on the tongue will be first.
I'm interested in your winch set up. What's to tonnage? How about a closer pic?
Clint
12000 lbs Smittybilt . 20200124_112630.jpg20200123_194011.jpg

Awesome! I’m going to be picking up a little brother to that one this spring. Need a small one for where I’m working.
Great. I consider the smaller ones, but decided with the 7 X 14. My old trailer is the same size and I did fine with that.
Plus I'm looking into buying a piece of equipment that I will need to haul.

Old one was a single axle 7X14 feet non dump.
This will gross 12K and will carry over 8K load. 7X14 feet.
It will be nice to just push a button to unload.

View attachment 889078
Nice looking trailer. Those dump trailers are as handy as a pocket on a shirt. I wouldn't be without any of mine. Enjoy that new {TOY} tool for your tool box.

Nice looking trailer. Those dump trailers are as handy as a pocket on a shirt. I wouldn't be without any of mine. Enjoy that new {TOY} tool for your tool box.
Thanks. It will be a while before I get to use it unless the ground freezes. It's awful wet here in Virginia.

Yes I am lucky. My wife loads while I cut and I load the heavier rounds. So it will really help both of us when unloading.
If it was just for firewood I would have gotten a smaller one, but we may get a mid size tractor in the future.
So now I won't have to buy another trailer if we do get a tractor.
What does something like that cost?

Latest posts

Back