Firewood Trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
12' long, 74" wide, 19" high. 99% white & red oak. What would this sell for in yer neck of the woods?

DSC03655.jpg

DSC03656.jpg

Just over 3/4 cord, Twin Cities metro would be $200+, up to $350 if sold in small lots, 1/6, 1/4 cord etc., on the other side of me in rural WI, $100-150 tops.

Nice load!

Nice load!

Thanks Steve. The load is now in my basement & I'm ready for supper.:laugh:

If I've done the math correctly the trailer would hold 118-119 cubit feet level & well stacked. So I'm thinking that load would be closer to a cord than 3/4 but I stand to be corrected on the math. Here it would be $150-200 depending on the customer.

About the same here right now, $150 or so a cord. Although not too long from now you'll see dozens of guys sitting next to the road with similar sized loads on trailers and they will sell for less. Too much unemployment around here and plenty of wood around. You'll also see a lot o small stacks sitting in front of peoples yards with a for sale sign, like ten to twenty bucks or a who knows how much, looks to be 1/16th of a cord, something like that.

Around here, every unemployed guy with a truck and a Wally world saw is selling wood in winter and cutting lawns in summer. A load like that can be had for around $100 delivered and dumped.
On a side note, make sure you keep those hubs lubed on that thing, I just spent three hours sledge hammering and rebuilding a guys trailer that hadn't seen any fresh grease since gas was $2.78/gallon.

Latest posts

Back