First chainsaw day of spring.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, it was much but I was able to do a bunch of clearing around the wood piles yesterday, splititng a piling odds and ends with the splitter. Today all the awas left was the 'to be noodled' pile. Temp 44, clear skies, mud solid, not slimy. Excavated teh 441 from under the bench, tightened change, mixed new gallong of fuel (old stuff when in the truck), fuelled up and listened to it callign hungrily "gimme wood!". 1.5 hours cutting up knots, crooks, crotches felt good but at the end I could tell the winter was not kind to my bod, bit out of shape to say the least.

Temps are going to be in the high 40's here all this week. Got about a foot of snow melting, and the mud is getting thick already. Have about a cord and a half on pallets ready to split, but I would sink the JD and splitter if I tried to get back there. Also have about 2 cords of ash & maple standing dead that I cant get back to take down yet. Me, the saws and splitter are getting itchy....

Finished up the last lettle bit dthis morning. Antsy? I'm having withdrawal symptoms already no having a single thing to do around the woodpile and my cutting locations are way too wet to get in wth the truck. I'll be using a wagon to drage a couple saws into my first tree the first spell of dry weather that goes for a couple days. That tree will lay out into crop land and the ground needs to be 'not muddy' to do the cleanup....maybe next weekend...hope, hope, hope.

Back